The Division of Cancer Medicine at Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center is seeking applications for a fellowship-trained, academically-oriented and experienced Interventional Pulmonologist to join our distinguished faculty as Director of Interventional Pulmonology.
Located on the flagship campus of Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville, a 500-bed tertiary-care facility in a vibrant urban setting, the program will include our lung cancer screening program (>1000 patients / year) and pulmonary nodule clinic, diagnosis and overall management of pleural diseases and central airway obstruction in addition to simple and complex diagnostic, lung cancer staging, and other therapeutic procedures. Additional evaluation and management of cancer-related or therapy-related pulmonary conditions will be needed. Experience with various simple and complex airway and pleural procedures is desired.
The successful candidate will
- Have completed an ACGME-approved program in Pulmonary Medicine / Critical Care and Interventional Pulmonology; achieved or eligible for board certification by the American Board of Bronchoscopy and Interventional Pulmonology, and have or be eligible for an unrestricted Florida Medical License;
- Demonstrate a commitment to our multidisciplinary integrated model of cancer care;
- Fully support the clinical, scholarly, and educational missions of our program including developing standard protocols for patient care, improving quality metrics and creating scholarly work;
- Display the passion, communication, interpersonal skills and collaboration required to build an active clinical practice, develop areas of productive scholarship, and recruit additional faculty;
- Have a level of clinical and academic achievement to warrant an Adjunct appointment at the appropriate level at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center;
- Significantly influence the direction of our program and join like-minded faculty committed to our mission of Making Cancer History!
Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center provides comprehensive, integrated oncology services in partnership with the nation’s leading cancer center, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. Our recently opened 9-story, 330,000 square foot Cancer Center incorporates state-of-the-art design, construction, technology, and art to create a patient-centered facility dedicated solely to providing the full spectrum of oncology care in a healing environment for our patients and their families. Baptist Health is proud to be the regions’ most preferred healthcare provider and the only health system in the Southeastern United States chosen to replicate MD Anderson Cancer Center’s multidisciplinary and proven model of care.
Northeast Florida offers world-renowned quality of life. The area serves as home to some of the best cost of living and recreation that the Sunshine State has to offer. Immediately within reach are world famous destinations, attractions, theme parks and entertainment for families of all ages. Recently ranked by Forbes Magazine as one of the top two most desirable cities for relocation in the United States, Jacksonville is the ideal setting to call home.
Baptist MD Anderson is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of a diverse faculty.
Interested candidates should submit their CV and a letter describing their clinical and academic interests to:
Edward Gorak, DO, MBA, MS, FACP, Head, Division of Cancer Medicine