The Division of Surgery at Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center is seeking applications for a full-time academic orthopaedic oncologist to provide comprehensive care for patients with all types of benign and malignant musculoskeletal tumors and sarcomas.
Baptist MD Anderson provides comprehensive, integrated oncology services as a partner of the nation’s leading cancer center, MD Anderson Cancer Center, in Houston. Baptist Health is proud to be the regions’ most preferred healthcare provider and the only health system in the Southeastern United States chosen to replicate MD Anderson’s multidisciplinary and proven model of care. Together, we are Making Cancer History®!
The successful candidate will join an established and experienced senior orthopaedic oncologic surgeon. S/he will continue to develop a comprehensive musculoskeletal oncology program with identified partners in all relevant subspecialties S/he will have a clinical focus which includes all components of orthopaedic oncology, bone and soft tissue sarcoma, primary and metastatic musculoskeletal tumors, and benign and malignant orthopedic conditions.
The successful candidate will:
- Have completed an accredited fellowship program in Orthopaedic Oncology/Musculoskeletal Oncology; achieved or eligible for certification by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery; and be eligible for an unrestricted Florida Medical License;
- Demonstrate a commitment to our multidisciplinary integrated model of cancer care;
- Fully support the clinical, scholarly, and educational missions of our program including developing standard protocols for patient care, improving quality metrics and creating scholarly work including leading and supporting clinical investigations;
- Display the passion, communication and interpersonal skills and collaboration required to build an active clinical practice, develop areas of productive scholarship, and recruit additional faculty;
- Be recommended for an Adjunct Appointment at MD Anderson Cancer Center based on their clinical and academic achievements; and
- Significantly influence the direction of our program, and join like-minded faculty
Our recently opened 9-story, 330,000 square foot Cancer Center incorporates state-of-the-art design, construction, technology, and art to create a patient-centered facility dedicated solely to providing the full spectrum of oncology care in a healing environment for our patients and their families.
Northeast Florida provides some of the best cost of living and recreation that the Sunshine State has to offer. Immediately within reach are world famous destinations, attractions, theme parks and entertainment for families of all ages. Recently ranked by Forbes Magazine as one of the top two most desirable cities for relocation in the United States, Jacksonville is the ideal setting to call home.
Baptist MD Anderson is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of a diverse faculty.
Interested candidates should submit their CV and a letter describing their clinical and academic interests to:
Christopher M. Pezzi, MD, FACS; Head, Division of Surgery