FACULTY POSITION: THORACIC SURGERY and SURGICAL DIRECTOR, THORACIC ONCOLOGY
The Division of Surgery at Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center is seeking applications for a full-time academic thoracic surgeon to join our faculty and lead our Department of Thoracic Surgery.
Based on the campus of Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville, a 500-bed tertiary facility in a vibrant urban setting, Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center is the Southeast patient care hub for the MD Anderson Cancer Network®, a program of MD Anderson. As Surgical Director for the Thoracic Oncology Program, s/he will have a clinical focus on all components of general thoracic surgery including esophageal diseases but excluding trauma and thoracic transplantation. Experience with all minimally invasive and open surgical approaches is expected and fellowship training in thoracic surgical oncology or equivalent experience is required.
The successful candidate will
- Have completed an ACGME-approved program in Thoracic Surgery; achieved or eligible for certification by the American Board of Thoracic Surgery, and have or be eligible for an unrestricted Florida Medical License;
- Demonstrate a commitment to our multidisciplinary integrated model of cancer care;
- Fully support the clinical, scholarly, and educational missions of our program including developing standard protocols for patient care, improving quality metrics and creating scholarly work;
- Display the passion, communication and interpersonal skills and collaboration required to build an active clinical practice, develop areas of productive scholarship, and recruit additional faculty;
- Have a level of clinical and academic achievement to warrant appointment as an Adjunct Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center; and
- Significantly influence the direction of our program, and join like-minded faculty committed to our mission of Making Cancer History!
Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center provides comprehensive, integrated oncology services in partnership with the nation’s leading cancer center, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. Baptist Health is proud to be the regions’ most preferred healthcare provider and the only health system in the Southeastern United States chosen to replicate MD Anderson Cancer Center’s multidisciplinary and proven model of care.
Our recently opened 9-story, 330,000 square foot Cancer Center incorporates state-of-the-art design, construction, technology, and art to create a patient-centered facility dedicated solely to providing the full spectrum of oncology care in a healing environment for our patients and their families.
Northeast Florida offers world-renowned quality of life. The area serves as home to some of the best cost of living and recreation that the Sunshine State has to offer. Immediately within reach are world famous destinations, attractions, theme parks and entertainment for families of all ages. Recently ranked by Forbes Magazine as one of the top two most desirable cities for relocation in the United States, Jacksonville is the ideal setting to call home.