We are currently looking for Activity Specialist at Baptist Hospital in Jacksonville. This is a PRN opportunity!
- Leads therapeutic activities with patients within the behavioral health units. Develops, in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, experiential programming in one or more of the following areas: *recreation and wellness, outdoor leisure and nature, gardening, daily life skills, arts, crafts and other activities best suited for the milieu.
- Identifies needs and develop relevant programs and activities based on the individual and group needs.
- Develops, establishes and maintains effective therapeutic relationships with patients during their stay.
- Effectively provide assessment and activities in support of patient overall emotional and physical well-being.
- Maintains a program schedule and lesson planning related to activities offered within the behavioral health programs.
- Participate in training to continue positive, enthusiastic and activities to supplement daily program.
If you are interested, please apply directly!
- 1-2 years Developmental Experience
- 1-2 years Behavioral Health Experience
License and Certification
- Crisis Prevention Certification (CPI)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
Baptist Jacksonville (Downtown)
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, Florida, 32207
Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville
For more than 20 years, health care consumers have named our hospital the "most preferred healthcare provider" in the region. As the central hub of the Baptist Health system, Baptist Jacksonville provides the highest level of medical and surgical care using the latest technologies, such as the robotic-assisted da Vinci™ Surgical System. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River in downtown Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is Baptist Health's flagship tertiary-care hospital. Designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville has repeatedly been named among U.S. News & World Report's "Best Hospitals.” The hospital has also been ranked as high performing in more than 10 specialties from neurology and neurosurgery to gynecology, diabetes, endocrinology,oncology and more. Baptist Health also has a new Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center, which is a regional epicenter for advanced treatment of strokes, aneurysms and other brain conditions.
As one of 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is located close to sports, theater and music venues, museums, shopping and dining.