*$1,500.00 Sign-On Bonus Offered!*
Baptist Health is looking to add an Armed Security Officer to our Protective Services Department at Baptist North ED. This is a part-time, weekend, night shift opportunity, with the hours of 7:00 PM - 7:00 AM.
The Armed Security Officer's primary function is to assure the day-to-day safety and security of patients, visitors, and employees by patrolling and monitoring the medical center properties. As patient safety and experience are top priority this growing team is currently implementing new technologies such as metal detectors.
As an Armed Security Officer you will be responsible for:
- Reporting any unusual circumstances, and take appropriate corrective actions
- Insuring the protection of individuals from harm by monitoring for safety hazards
- Providing escort services
- Respond to unsafe situations
- Enforce hospital parking regulations
- Assist individuals with obtaining help for vehicle problems
- Respond and take appropriate action in all instances where the imminent threat of human life is occurring
- Certification Requirement: Class D and Class G licenses
- Experience Required: 10 years LEO or DOD/Military Police
This Armed Security Officer will be located at Baptist North ED. If you are interested in this part-time opportunity, please apply now or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
High School Diploma/GED
- Over 10 years Law Enforcement Experience Required
License and Certification
- International Assn for Healthcare Security & Safety (IAHSS) Advanced Certification Preferred Or
- International Assn for Healthcare Security & Safety (IAHSS) Safety Certification Preferred Or
- International Assn for Healthcare Security & Safety (IAHSS) Basic Certification Preferred Or
- Driver's License Required
- Licensed Security Officer - Class G Required Or
- Licensed Security Officer - Class D Required Or
Baptist Jacksonville (Downtown)
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, FL, 32207
The Baptist North Emergency Center is located at the northeast intersection of 295 and Dunn Avenue. This location brings the high-quality care of Wolfson Children's Hospital and Baptist Health to residents of northwest Jacksonville. This emergency center is open 24 hours a day, has 16 treatment rooms, a separate waiting room for children, children specific medical equipment and imaging capabilities, a LifeFlight helipad and an on-site ambulance. Pediatric emergency medical physicians affiliated with Wolfson Children's Hospital are also available during peak hours daily from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. With a focus on wellness, the campus's three story Medical Office Building will feature a YMCA on the first floor with a Healthy Living Center. The Medical Office Building has primary care an specialist physicians' offices that are open throughout the year, providing northside families with a "one-stop" destination for a wide array of care.
About Baptist Health
Chosen as the area's “Most Preferred” healthcare provider every year since 1990 according to the annual National Research Corporation study of Jacksonville area residents, Baptist Health ranks highest in the categories of Best Doctors, Best Nurses, Best Quality and Best Reputation.