*$1,500.00 Sign-On Bonus Offered!*
We are looking to add an Armed Security Officer to our Protective Services Department at Baptist South. This is a part-time, weekend, nights opportunity with the hours from 6:30 PM - 7:00 AM, Saturday and Sunday.
The Armed Security Officer's primary function is to assure the day-to-day safety and security of patients, visitors, and employees by patrolling and monitoring the medical center properties. As patient safety and experience are top priority this growing team is currently implementing new technologies such as metal detectors.
As an Armed Security Officer you will be responsible for:
- Reporting any unusual circumstances, and take appropriate corrective actions
- Insuring the protection of individuals from harm by monitoring for safety hazards
- Providing escort services
- Respond to unsafe situations
- Enforce hospital parking regulations
- Assist individuals with obtaining help for vehicle problems
- Respond and take appropriate action in all instances where the imminent threat of human life is occurring
- Certification Requirement: Class D and Class G licenses
- Experience Required: 10 years LEO or DOD/Military Police
This Armed Security Officer will be located at Baptist South. If you are interested in this part-time opportunity, please apply now or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
High School Diploma/GED
- Over 10 years Law Enforcement Experience Required
License and Certification
- International Assn for Healthcare Security & Safety (IAHSS) Advanced Certification Preferred Or
- International Assn for Healthcare Security & Safety (IAHSS) Safety Certification Preferred Or
- International Assn for Healthcare Security & Safety (IAHSS) Basic Certification Preferred Or
- Driver's License Required
- Licensed Security Officer - Class G Required Or
- Licensed Security Officer - Class D Required Or
14550 Old St. Augustine Rd
Jacksonville, FL, 32258
Opened in 2005 in southern Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center South has doubled in size. This full-service hospital provides a healing environment, from its architecture to amenities, and also is a digital environment using an electronic medical record. Baptist South was designated a Magnet™ hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care and is a Joint Commission-certified stroke center and an accredited chest pain center. Baptist Medical Center South has been ranked No. 1 among metro Jacksonville hospitals in the U.S. News and World Report annual Best Hospital rankings. Baptist has also been named one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare. The hospital is minutes away from sports, shopping, music, cultural and entertainment venues, as well as beautiful beaches.