Baptist Health System is in search of a dedicated bariatrician to play a pivotal role in our evolving weight management clinic. As part of Northeast Florida's leading health care system, we have a strong history of treating numerous bariatric patients - over 3000 successful outcomes. Within our organization, our primary care team, the largest in the region, collaborates with both surgical and behavioral health units in the care of bariatric patients. As we embark on the journey of extending our program across Northeast Florida and adding a new weight loss clinic in Jacksonville, Baptist is looking for a bariatrician who is passionate about redefining our current bariatric treatment program to enhance the well-being of both surgical and non-surgical patients in our care.
Why This Position is Open:
- To better meet rapidly growing community needs, we plan to open a new medically managed weight loss clinic in Metro Jacksonville in 2024.
- This Bariatrician will expand Baptist Bariatrics’ existing practice to become recognized as the premier bariatric facility in Northeast Florida.
What You Can Expect:
- This Bariatrician will work with surgical and non-surgical patients from our primary care and specialty network, for ongoing obesity management.
- You will report to the VP of Medical Director of Operations for Baptist Physician Enterprise.
- Provide expert medical care and guidance to patients seeking bariatric treatment.
- Develop and implement personalized bariatric treatment plans tailored to individual patient needs.
- Collaborate with Baptist Primary Care to ensure comprehensive and integrated patient care.
- Participate in multidisciplinary consultations with various clinics, including orthopedics, and Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center.
- Develop innovative bariatric care strategies and treatment protocols.
- Remain informed on the latest advancements in bariatric medicine to provide the highest standard of care.
- Maintain accurate and timely medical records in accordance with Baptist Health's policies.
What You Need:
- A successful track record of treating bariatric patients.
- Program development skillset are critical for this role.
- Collaborative mindset
- Strong communication skills.
- Dedication to patient-centered care and improving patients’ quality of life.
- Medical Degree – MD or DO
- Board Certification or eligibility in Bariatric Medicine or a related field is required.
- Board Certification or eligibility in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine is required.
- Board Certification or eligibility for the American Board of Obesity Medicine is required.
- Unrestricted Florida license to practice medicine.
- Baptist Medical Center – Downtown Jacksonville
About Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville
For more than 20 years, healthcare consumers have named Baptist Health the “most preferred healthcare provider” in the region. As the central hub of the Baptist Health of Northeast Florida health system, the Baptist Jacksonville campus is home to a 24/7 Emergency Center, a comprehensive stroke center, Baptist Heart Hospital including Baptist Heart Rhythm Center, Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center, Baptist Neurological Institute, Jacksonville Orthopedic Institute and the AgeWell Center for Senior Health. We serve families in every stage of life with the highest level of medical and surgical care using the latest technologies.
There’s a Place for You Here
Come experience a different side of life here in northeast Florida. A vibrant mix of old southern charm and modern Florida flair makes Jacksonville exceptionally different from anywhere else. From the Jacksonville Jazz Festival to the Riverside Arts Market to the indie films shown at the Sun Ray Cinema, culture thrives here. With warm temperatures throughout the year feel free to do yoga while paddleboarding on the Intracoastal, take in the sounds of nature at the Timucuan Preserve or lounge in the sand at the lively Jacksonville Beach. It’s true that Jacksonville has 22 miles of beaches, the nation’s largest park system, world-class fishing, historic neighborhoods, eclectic museums, a vibrant street art scene, creative coastal cuisine, and delicious craft beer, but your new home could too! There’s a place for you here.
Culturally competent care starts with our physicians and providers. At Baptist Health, we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer with several Employee Resource Groups available for all members of our team to join. In this spirit, we encourage everyone of all backgrounds to apply.
Doctorate of Medicine
Doctorate of Medicine
- Patient Care Experience Required
- Program Development Required
- Successful treatment of Bariatric patients Required
License and Certification
- Certified Specialist in Obesity and Weight Management (CSOWM) Required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Preferred
- Licensed Physician Required
Baptist Jacksonville (Downtown)
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, FL, 32207
Baptist Health has the largest network of primary care providers in the Jacksonville area, with 45 offices throughout Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia. The network has more than 130 physicians, including family physicians, pediatricians & internists. Baptist is repeatedly chosen as the area’s most preferred health care provider and has been chosen as one of the Best Places to Work in U.S. Healthcare by Modern Healthcare.
Jason Maris, Physician Recruiter
Recruits for: Baptist Behavioral Health, Baptist Heart, Baptist Neurological Institute, Jacksonville Orthopaedic Institute, Baptist Surgical Service Lines
About Baptist Health
Chosen as the area's “Most Preferred” healthcare provider every year since 1990 according to the annual National Research Corporation study of Jacksonville area residents, Baptist Health ranks highest in the categories of Best Doctors, Best Nurses, Best Quality and Best Reputation.