*Up to $7,500 Sign On Bonus*
Baptist Health is looking for an experienced Surgical Technologists to support our Surgical Services Team in the Main Operating Room at Baptist Medical Center South in Jacksonville, Florida. This is a full-time evenings position (3:00pm -11:00pm).
Baptist South serves the rapidly growing neighborhoods in southern Duval and northern St. Johns counties. The hospital blends resort-like amenities with the most advanced medical care, providing for the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of patients and their families.
As a Surgical Technologist for the OR, your responsibilities include:
- Assembling, organizing and maintaining a sterile field for operative procedures.
- Anticipates the needs of the surgeon and progression of the case and prepare accordingly.
- Proper disposition of specimens and instruments.
- Works with entire surgical team to minimize anesthesia time and promote patient safety.
- Performs in first assist role in a variety of surgical procedures.
- Functions as a support to related departments within Surgical Services as needed.
This Surgical Technologist position supporting the Main Operating Room will be located at Baptist South. If you are interested in this full-time days opportunity please apply now
In keeping with our mission and core values, Baptist is requiring that all team members complete their COVID-19 vaccine series or obtain a medical or religious exemption by 11/15/2021 or at time of hire after this date.
High School Diploma/GED
- 1-2 years Surgical Services Experience
License and Certification
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Required
- Tech in Surgery-Certified (TS-C) NCCT Required Or
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) Required Or
14550 Old St. Augustine Rd
Jacksonville, Florida, 32258
Opened in 2005 in southern Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center South has doubled in size. This full-service hospital provides a healing environment, from its architecture to amenities, and also is a digital environment using an electronic medical record. Baptist South was designated a Magnet™ hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care and is a Joint Commission-certified stroke center and an accredited chest pain center. Baptist Medical Center South has been ranked No. 1 among metro Jacksonville hospitals in the U.S. News and World Report annual Best Hospital rankings. Baptist has also been named one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare. The hospital is minutes away from sports, shopping, music, cultural and entertainment venues, as well as beautiful beaches.