Clinical Oncology Pharmacist, Full-time, Days, Baptist Medical Center Clay
Date Posted: Mar 27, 2023
Shift Details: Days
Baptist Medical Center is currently looking to add a Clinical Oncology Pharmacist to our team at Baptist Medical Center Clay. This is a full-time, day shift position at our newest campus, working 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, in our Outpatient clinic. This candidate will be working with a smaller team and will be supervising technicians as well as assisting the Downtown campus team and South campus team to perform 2nd checks on chemotherapy, remotely. This candidate will be responsible for both Infusion and Clinic duties, including checking lab parameters, verifying/dispensing chemotherapy and immunotherapy, and supporting questions from the Oncologist. This candidate will also work with Pharmacy Leadership to ensure USP 797/800 and Joint Commission regulations are followed and report back any issues. A high level of expertise is utilized to recommend, design, implement, monitor, and modify pharmaceutical care plans to optimize patient outcomes. This candidate should have extensive clinical experience within their disease state specialization as well as pharmacy practice experience including medication safety, formulary management, pathway/guideline development, policy development/implementation, oncology reimbursement and coverage, and clinical research.
As the Clinical Oncology Pharmacist, you will be responsible for:
- Entering orders with great accuracy.
- Provides safe, evidence-based, cost effective, and patient centered medication management as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team
- Providing clinical pharmacy support to physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and other staff when caring for patients in the ambulatory clinics, and while inpatient, if clinically appropriate
- Utilizing a high level of expertise to recommend, design, implement, monitor, and modify pharmaceutical care plans to optimize patient outcomes.
- Providing education to patients and family members, healthcare providers, and pharmacy students and residents.
A completed Residency and Oncology experience is preferred. A Pharmacist license in the State of Florida is required.
This Clinical Oncology Pharmacist will be located at Baptist Clay. If you are interested in this full time opportunity, please apply today.
In keeping with our mission and core values, Baptist is requiring that all team members complete their COVID-19 vaccine series or obtain a medical or religious exemption by date of hire.
- 1-2 years Pharmacist Experience Required
- 1-2 years Experience with Pharmacy Information Systems Required
License and Certification
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist Preferred
- Board Certified Oncology Pharmacist Preferred
- Licensed Pharmacist Required
1771 Baptist Clay Drive
Fleming Island, FL, 32003
Baptist Clay Medical Campus is located on 32 acres at U.S. 17 and Village Square Parkway on Fleming Island. The facility opened in May 2013 to bring the high-quality care of Wolfson Children’s Hospital and Baptist Health to residents of Clay County. The Baptist/Wolfson Children’s Emergency Center, which is open 24 hours a day, has 16 treatment rooms, a separate waiting room for children, child-specific medical equipment and imaging capabilities, a LifeFlight helipad and an on-site ambulance. Pediatric emergency medicine physicians affiliated with Wolfson Children’s Hospital are also available during peak hours daily from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. The campus’s three-story Medical Office Building also houses the Wolfson Children’s Specialty Center on the first floor. The Medical Office Building has primary care and specialist physicians’ offices that are open throughout the year, providing Clay County families with a “one-stop” destination for a wide array of care.