We’re hiring for a Coder I for the Coding department in Jacksonville, FL. This is a full-time day shift position located at Baptist’s Metro Square Offices off Phillip’s Highway.
The Coder I responsibilities include:
- Correctly identifying and coding the principal diagnosis and procedures using ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT-4 codes to each patient's record in accordance with state and federal requirements on Series, Ancillary and ER records.
- Verifies and submits abstracted UB04 information across the billing system to drop the patient's bill.
- Must efficiently complete this activity for 100% of patients' discharge records each day to maintain the delayed bill report at goals set forth. Assists and prepares statistical reports for physicians, staff or other departments as needed.
- Works the ACHA, DNFB, Medical Record Error Reports.
- Advises and coordinates with physicians and staff on coding documentation.
- Provides support to the department assisting with phone calls, physicians, new coders or other staff.
- In lieu of certification, experience and ability is acceptable with the understanding that a certification will be obtained within two years.
If you are interested in our Coder I position, please apply directly!
High School Diploma/GED
- Coding Knowledge
- Knowledge base in Physiology
- Knowledge base in ICD-10 and CPT4/HCPCS
- Knowledge base in Anatomy
License and Certification
- Certified Coding Associate (CCA)
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Outpatient Coder (COC)
3563 Philips Highway
Jacksonville, Florida, 32207
Baptist Health, founded in 1955, is North Florida’s most comprehensive healthcare system and the area’s only non-profit, mission-driven, locally governed healthcare provider. Our five nationally accredited hospitals, with 1,154 beds, include Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville; Wolfson Children’s Hospital; Baptist Medical Center Beaches; Baptist Medical Center Nassau and Baptist Medical Center South as well as Baptist Clay Medical Campus, which has a 24-hour freestanding Emergency Center. The most preferred healthcare system in the region, Baptist Health also includes 45 primary care offices, as well as home health, behavioral health, pastoral care, rehabilitation services, occupational health and urgent care.