Baptist Health is hiring a Developer, Sr Back End to join the Internet Marketing team at the downtown Jacksonville campus.
Baptist Health is a comprehensive healthcare system in Jacksonville, FL with a history of leading positive change in Northeast Florida for our patients and community, our vision firmly remains on continuous improvement to deliver the highest standards of clinical care and service quality.
We are looking for a .NET Developer to join us in our mission of changing healthcare for good. You should care about your craft, learn quickly, and help innovate and create great products that make a real difference in our patients lives. In this role, you will be focused on enhancing our existing enterprise websites and web applications and building new digital experiences using the ASP.NET Core platform. Working in our internal digital marketing team, you will play a key part in helping Baptist Health transform its digital presence and impact.
This position is located in our Atlanta office and reports to the Technical Development Manager (located in Dallas, TX).
Day to Day:
- Developing/supporting .NET MVC applications that meet business needs using N-Tier architecture and unit testing.
- Managing applications within Azure DevOps for the purpose of scheduled deployments and reducing/resolving errors and code migrations from previous processes.
- Providing support in a DevOps role when .NET MVC applications fail or when stakeholders experience issues.
- Overseeing architectural decisions and implementation with regard the whole team of developers from the frontend to the backend to data management.
- Contributing to all aspects of high-performance applications that are integrated in the success of Baptist Health’s business strategy.
- Submitting and conducting code reviews.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Provide third-level support to business users.
- Research and evaluate vendor and software solutions.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Extensive experience in web application development using C# and the ASP.NET Core platform.
- Familiarity working with a continuous integration/continuous delivery process.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Experience with Azure DevOps, CI/CD pipelines, code repositories, and building to different project environments.
- Experience in an Agile workflow/methodology, but flexible with other systems and processes.
- Experience with APIs and GraphQL integration.
- Expertise in problem solving and technical innovation.
- Excellent communication interpersonal skills.
Bonus Skills & Experience:
- Familiarity with Web Accessibility standards and best practices.
- Experience with scalable, multi-threaded services and service-oriented architectures.
- Salesforce integration and development.
- Experience with unit testing and integrations testing.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Familiarity with developing Single Page Applications.
- Previous healthcare experience.
Education & Experience:
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- 3-5+ years of experience working with .NET or relevant experiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
In keeping with our mission and core values, Baptist is requiring that all team members complete their COVID-19 vaccine series or obtain a medical or religious exemption by 11/15/2021 or at time of hire after this date.
- 3-5 Years Java Experience
- 3-5 Years Web Design Experience
- Graphic Design Experience
- Experience with creation of internal web pages
- HTML Experience
License and Certification
Baptist Jacksonville (Downtown)
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, FL, 32207
Baptist Health, founded in 1955, is North Florida’s most comprehensive healthcare system and the area’s only non-profit, mission-driven, locally governed healthcare provider. Our five nationally accredited hospitals, with 1,154 beds, include Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville; Wolfson Children’s Hospital; Baptist Medical Center Beaches; Baptist Medical Center Nassau and Baptist Medical Center South as well as Baptist Clay Medical Campus, which has a 24-hour freestanding Emergency Center. The most preferred healthcare system in the region, Baptist Health also includes 45 primary care offices, as well as home health, behavioral health, pastoral care, rehabilitation services, occupational health and urgent care.