Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, Part-Time, Baptist Oakleaf
Date Posted: Mar 16, 2023
Shift Details: Weekends
Baptist Medical Center is looking to add a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer in our Ultrasound Department at Baptist Oakleaf. A Diagnostic Medical Sonographer is responsible for uses imaging equipment and soundwaves to form images of the bodies organs and tissue. This is a Part-Time opportunity with shifts of Saturday / Sunday 8:00am - 8:30pm. Participation in call and holiday rotation is required. Pediatric experience is preferred.
*All must pass certification in Sonography from the ARDMS or ARRT (S) within 18 months of hire.
This Diagnostic Medical Sonographer will be responsible for:
- Performs high quality, diagnostic ultrasound and peripheral vascular procedures.
- Promotes good will amongst co-workers and other departments and has a positive, comforting demeanor with all patients.
- Is compliant with mandatory education and health requirements.
This Diagnostic Medical Sonographer will be located at Baptist Oakleaf. If you are interested in this Part-Time opportunity, please apply now or contact Tucker.Maletta@bmcjax.com
In keeping with our mission and core values, Baptist is requiring that all team members complete their COVID-19 vaccine series or obtain a medical or religious exemption by 11/15/2021 or at time of hire after this date.
- 1-2 years Customer Service Experience
- Experience working in a hospital setting
- Ultrasound Experience
- Experience with vascular ultrasound
License and Certification
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Required
- Registered Technologist in Sonography ARRT (S) Required Or
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Songrapher (ARDMS) Required Or
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification (CPR) Required
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) Preferred Or
- Registered Technologist in Vascular Sonography ARRT (VS) Preferred Or
Baptist ED Oakleaf
9868 Family Place
Jacksonville, FL, 32222
Baptist Health, founded in 1955, is North Florida’s most comprehensive healthcare system and the area’s only non-profit, mission-driven, locally governed healthcare provider. Our five nationally accredited hospitals, with 1,154 beds, include Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville; Wolfson Children’s Hospital; Baptist Medical Center Beaches; Baptist Medical Center Nassau and Baptist Medical Center South as well as Baptist Clay Medical Campus, which has a 24-hour freestanding Emergency Center. The most preferred healthcare system in the region, Baptist Health also includes 45 primary care offices, as well as home health, behavioral health, pastoral care, rehabilitation services, occupational health and urgent care.