Dir, Internal Audit, Compliance, Full-Time, Hybrid, Southbank Plaza
Date Posted: Mar 16, 2023
Shift Details: Days
Baptist Health is hiring a Director, Internal Audit to join the audit and compliance team. This is full-time, hybrid position.
Reporting to the Vice President of Internal Audit and Chief Compliance & Privacy Officer, the Director of Internal Audit will lead and manage the health system’s Internal Audit program and partner with the Risk Mitigation Team and Risk Owners to mature the Enterprise Risk Management Program.
- Leading the annual and ongoing risk assessment process, developing, and managing the audit plan.
- Preparing and delivering regular reports to the Audit and Compliance Committee of the Board, members of the Executive Leadership and Clinical and Operational leaders.
- Serving as an expert resource for effective controls, best practices, and compliance.
- Coordinating internal audit assistance to the external auditors for the interim and annual financial audit.
- Leading, overseeing, and developing the internal audit team with emphasis on teamwork, innovation, efficiency, and continuous learning.
Candidates must be nimble, agile, and able to work with and lead teams to promote an environment of openness, trust, and collegiality. Foster strong relationships with operational and clinical leaders to identify and mitigate risks and recommend opportunities to improve controls and increase efficiency.
*Healthcare Internal Audit, Accounting, Finance or Business Degree required, Masters Degree preferred.
*CPA required and CIA, CFE, and CISA preferred.
*Strong internal control and testing experience and over five years audit leadership in the healthcare or related industry.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply today.
In keeping with our mission and core values, Baptist is requiring that all team members complete their COVID-19 vaccine series or obtain a medical or religious exemption by 11/15/2021 or at time of hire after this date.
- Over 5 years Auditing Experience
License and Certification
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Required
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) Preferred Or
1660 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, FL, 32207
Baptist Health, founded in 1955, is North Florida’s most comprehensive healthcare system and the area’s only non-profit, mission-driven, locally governed healthcare provider. Our five nationally accredited hospitals, with 1,154 beds, include Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville; Wolfson Children’s Hospital; Baptist Medical Center Beaches; Baptist Medical Center Nassau and Baptist Medical Center South as well as Baptist Clay Medical Campus, which has a 24-hour freestanding Emergency Center. The most preferred healthcare system in the region, Baptist Health also includes 45 primary care offices, as well as home health, behavioral health, pastoral care, rehabilitation services, occupational health and urgent care.