Responsible for the Human Resources departments at Baptist South and Baptist Beach Campuses. Works closely with and is a member of the health system's Human Resources leadership team and works collaboratively to ensure consistency in the development and implementation of Human Resource policy, process, and practice.
A minimum of eight (8) years of experience managing and directing the activities of professional and/or managerial level human resources staff required. This experience should reflect a strong and diverse generalist background to include both employee and labor relations. And some reference to the following points
- In depth knowledge of state and federal employment laws including the National Labor Relations Act.
- Strong customer excellence orientation, good interpersonal, listening, verbal and written communication skills are required to work effectively with various levels of employees and management staff. Must also possess demonstrated effective collaborative skills in working with other HR functions to achieve organizational objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others through influence, collaboration and change management.
- The successful candidate for this job will understand quality process improvement principles, participative management practices, systems perspective and learning organization principles as a foundation for proactive and positive employee relations.
- Weekend, shift work, holiday, on-call, and overtime may be required.
- Work is performed in a standard, office environment.
- Human Resources Experience (8+ years)
- Employee Relations Experience (8+ years)
- Leadership Experience (8+ years)
- Healthcare Experience
License and Certification
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) - Preferred
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) – Preferred
14550 Old St. Augustine Rd
Jacksonville, FL, 32258
Baptist Health, founded in 1955, is North Florida’s most comprehensive health care system and the area’s only non-profit, mission-driven, locally governed health care provider. Baptist Health has over 200 points of care throughout the Northeast Florida region, including our six award-winning hospitals: Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville, Wolfson Children’s Hospital, Baptist Medical Center Beaches, Baptist Medical Center Clay, Baptist Medical Center Nassau and Baptist Medical Center South. The most preferred health care system in the region, Baptist Health also includes 57 primary care offices, as well as home health, behavioral health, pastoral care, rehabilitation services, occupational health and urgent care.
About Baptist Health
Chosen as the area's “Most Preferred” healthcare provider every year since 1990 according to the annual National Research Corporation study of Jacksonville area residents, Baptist Health ranks highest in the categories of Best Doctors, Best Nurses, Best Quality and Best Reputation.