We are looking for a Floor Technician to join our Baptist Beaches team. This position is a part-time days 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM with rotating weekends and holidays. Our Floor Technicians provide service to most of the hospital and create a clean and welcoming environment.
Floor Technician Responsibilities:
- Perform heavier cleaning functions in assigned areas.
- Clean and maintain all areas of the hospital, including non-patient areas, offices, common waiting areas, restrooms, patient rooms, procedure rooms, etc.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, strips and polishes floors using heavy machinery.
- Properly handle all chemicals while following infection control policies.
- Perform routine maintenance on all cleaning equipment and notify supervisors of any recommended repairs.
- Completes all work according to company safety and guidelines.
- May preform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Baptist Health is proud to utilize state of the art UV Disinfection Technology via UV Robotic Machines. These machines break down the DNA of germs in the hospital environment before manual cleaning of an area is performed, keeping our team members and patients better protected.
High School Diploma/GED
- 3-5 Years Housekeeping Experience
- 1-2 years Floor Finishing Experience
- 1-2 years Hospital Experience
- Experience in various floor care (i.e. tile, linoleum, carpet, etc.)
- Knowledge of different cleaning agents, scrubbing/buffing machinery, and stain removal.
License and Certification
1350 13th Avenue South
Jacksonville Beach, Florida, 32250
Baptist Beaches provides beaches residents with close-to-home access to comprehensive, high-tech medical and surgical care.Baptist Medical Center Beaches is a Magnet™ hospital in Jacksonville Beach, Florida, just minutes away from the Atlantic Ocean. As the only hospital located in the beach communities, Baptist Beaches provides a wide range of services for local residents. Besides being close to Jacksonville’s beautiful beaches, fishing pier and multitude of golf courses, Baptist Beaches is a short drive away from TPC Sawgrass, home of The Player’s Championship annual golf tournament. Baptist has been named one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare. Baptist Beaches has been designated as a Primary Stroke Center by the Agency for Health Care Administration.