We are looking for a Floor Technician to join our Baptist Downtown team. This position is a full-time nights from 11:00 PM to 7:30 AM with rotating weekends and holidays. Our Floor Technicians provide service to most of the hospital and create a clean and welcoming environment.
Floor Technician Responsibilities:
- Perform heavier cleaning functions in assigned areas.
- Clean and maintain all areas of the hospital, including non-patient areas, offices, common waiting areas, restrooms, patient rooms, procedure rooms, etc.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, strips and polishes floors using heavy machinery.
- Properly handle all chemicals while following infection control policies.
- Perform routine maintenance on all cleaning equipment and notify supervisors of any recommended repairs.
- Completes all work according to company safety and guidelines.
- May preform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Baptist Health is proud to utilize state of the art UV Disinfection Technology via UV Robotic Machines. These machines break down the DNA of germs in the hospital environment before manual cleaning of an area is performed, keeping our team members and patients better protected.
High School Diploma/GED
- 3-5 Years Housekeeping Experience
- 1-2 years Floor Finishing Experience
- 1-2 years Hospital Experience
- Experience in various floor care (i.e. tile, linoleum, carpet, etc.)
- Knowledge of different cleaning agents, scrubbing/buffing machinery, and stain removal.
License and Certification
Baptist Jacksonville (Downtown)
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, Florida, 32207
For more than 20 years, health care consumers have named Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville as the "most preferred healthcare provider" in the region. As the central hub of the Baptist Health system, Baptist Jacksonville provides the highest level of medical and surgical care using the latest technologies, such as the robotic-assisted da Vinci™ Surgical System. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River in downtown Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is Baptist Health's flagship tertiary-care hospital. Designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville has repeatedly been named among U.S. News & World Report's "Best Hospitals.” The hospital has also been ranked as high performing in more than 10 specialties from neurology and neurosurgery to gynecology, diabetes, endocrinology,oncology and more. Baptist Health also has a new Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center, which is a regional epicenter for advanced treatment of strokes, aneurysms and other brain conditions. As one of 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is located close to sports, theater and music venues, museums, shopping and dining.