We are looking for a Floor Technician to join our Baptist Nassau team. This position is a full-time nights position from 10:30 PM to 7:00 AM with rotating weekends and holidays. Our Floor Technicians provide service to most of the hospital and create a clean and welcoming environment.
Floor Technician Responsibilities:
- Perform heavier cleaning functions in assigned areas.
- Clean and maintain all areas of the hospital, including non-patient areas, offices, common waiting areas, restrooms, patient rooms, procedure rooms, etc.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, strips and polishes floors using heavy machinery.
- Properly handle all chemicals while following infection control policies.
- Perform routine maintenance on all cleaning equipment and notify supervisors of any recommended repairs.
- Completes all work according to company safety and guidelines.
- May preform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Baptist Health is proud to utilize state of the art UV Disinfection Technology via UV Robotic Machines. These machines break down the DNA of germs in the hospital environment before manual cleaning of an area is performed, keeping our team members and patients better protected.
High School Diploma/GED
- 3-5 Years Housekeeping Experience
- 1-2 years Floor Finishing Experience
- 1-2 years Hospital Experience
License and Certification
1250 South 18th Street
Fernandina Beach, Florida, 32034
As Nassau County’s only hospital located on beautiful Amelia Island, Baptist Medical Center Nassau is a Magnet™ hospital designated by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care. The progressive hospital utilizes a fully electronic medical record and is an accredited chest pain center. The picturesque area offers many cultural and leisure activities, including golfing, boating and unspoiled beaches. Downtown Jacksonville is a short drive south, offering NFL football, premier theater and music venues, cultural activities and more. Baptist has been named one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare.