HVAC Tech, Full-Time, Days, Baptist South
Date Posted: Jan 17, 2023
Shift Details: Days
HVAC Mechanic - Plant Facilities - Baptist South
Baptist Medical Center South is recruiting for a HVAC Mechanic. This is a Full-Time Day shift opportunity. The successful applicant will have service experience with HVAC equipment, variable air volume systems, chill water systems and able to work building automation systems. The Plant Facilities Team takes pride in being highly skilled, responsive and dedicated to a safe, clean environment. The Baptist Health System is expanding creating many growth opportunities.
The HVAC Mechanic responsibilities include:
- Performs corrective and preventative maintenance of HVAC equipment, including air handling units, chillers, refrigeration equipment, boilers, exhaust fans, Variable Air Volume (VAV) systems, pneumatic and digital controls with building automation systems, and chemical treatment.
- Primary responsibilities will be HVAC but will also be given general maintenance duties as needed.
- Duties also may include weekend scheduling, on-call responsibilities, alternate shift assignments, or overtime as required.
- Position may be asked to perform duties outside the normal job classification yet typically remain within the department.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply today or reach out to the primary recruiter at email@example.com.
In keeping with our mission and core values, Baptist is requiring that all team members complete their COVID-19 vaccine series or obtain a medical or religious exemption by 11/15/2021 or at time of hire after this date.
High School Diploma/GED
- Over 5 years HVAC Experience
- 3-5 Years Mechanical Experience
- 3-5 Years Experience working in a major institutional or industry setting
License and Certification
- EPA Refrigerant Certification Required
- Journeyman License Required
- Driver's License Required
14550 Old St. Augustine Rd
Jacksonville, FL, 32258
Opened in 2005 in southern Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center South has doubled in size. This full-service hospital provides a healing environment, from its architecture to amenities, and also is a digital environment using an electronic medical record. Baptist South was designated a Magnet™ hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care and is a Joint Commission-certified stroke center and an accredited chest pain center. Baptist Medical Center South has been ranked No. 1 among metro Jacksonville hospitals in the U.S. News and World Report annual Best Hospital rankings. Baptist has also been named one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare. The hospital is minutes away from sports, shopping, music, cultural and entertainment venues, as well as beautiful beaches.