Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is looking for a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) to join our growing, highly skilled team Palliative Care department. This is a Full-Time Day shift opportunity. This Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) will work in a fast-paced environment where they will assist patients and families with serious or complex illness in planning to determine goals of care. This LCSW is a high performing clinician practicing both independently and as a lead member of the palliative care interdisciplinary team.
This position will support palliative census and our value based Medicare Bundle initiative with goals of care. They will introduce consults to
clarify and set expectations for care, facilitate goals of care discussions, address code status, provide disease education, and ensure that the
care provided is concordant with the goals established.
As a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, in Palliative Care, you will be responsible for:
- Assessing psychosocial needs of patients and family members to provide services that enhance patient functioning, emotional well-being, and continued access to resources in the community.
- Providing clinical consultation and updating care teams.
- Facilitating family meetings focusing on supportive counseling, guidance, education, advocacy, and coordination of hospital and community based social services.
- Assesses coping, support systems, and provides appropriate interventions and resources to support patients and their families.
- Flexibility, proactive problem-solving and excellent communication skills
Credential note: This role requires a Florida LCSW in good standing with Florida's Department of Health. Registered interns will not be considered. ACHP-SW certification is preferred but not required.
This Licensed Clinical Social Worker will be located at Baptist Jacksonville. If you are interested in this Full-Time Day shift opportunity, please apply now or contact email@example.com
- 2 years Palliative Care Experience Required
- 2 years Social Work Experience Required
- 2 years Social Work Experience
License and Certification
- Advanced Certified Hospice and Pallative Social Worker (ACHP-SW) Preferred
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker Required
Baptist Jacksonville (Downtown)
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, FL, 32207
Baptist Health, founded in 1955, is North Florida’s most comprehensive health care system and the area’s only non-profit, mission-driven, locally governed health care provider. Baptist Health has over 200 points of care throughout the Northeast Florida region, including our six award-winning hospitals: Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville, Wolfson Children’s Hospital, Baptist Medical Center Beaches, Baptist Medical Center Clay, Baptist Medical Center Nassau and Baptist Medical Center South. The most preferred health care system in the region, Baptist Health also includes 57 primary care offices, as well as home health, behavioral health, pastoral care, rehabilitation services, occupational health and urgent care.
About Baptist Health
Chosen as the area's “Most Preferred” healthcare provider every year since 1990 according to the annual National Research Corporation study of Jacksonville area residents, Baptist Health ranks highest in the categories of Best Doctors, Best Nurses, Best Quality and Best Reputation.