Baptist Medical Center is looking to add a Licensed Mental Health Counselor at Wolfson Children's Hospital. This is a full-time day's opportunity.
As a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, you will be responsible for:
- Evaluates psychosocial needs and provides therapeutic services on an inpatient behavioral health unit.
- Facilitates group and family therapy that enhance patient functioning, emotional well-being and behavior.
- Collaborates with treatment team and professionals to promote continuity of care to next level or community setting.
- Advocates in discharge planning, placements/transfers, voluntary and involuntary process.
- Assists with quality improvement and utilization review activities
This Licensed Mental Health Counselor will be located at Wolfson Children's Hospital. If you are interested in this full-time day's opportunity, please apply.
In keeping with our mission and core values, Baptist is requiring that all team members complete their COVID-19 vaccine series or obtain a medical or religious exemption by 11/15/2021 or at time of hire after this date.
- 3-5 Years Experience in Mental Health field Required
- 1-2 years Individual Counseling Experience Required
- 1-2 years Group Counseling Experience Required
- 1-2 years Assessment and Diagnostic Experience Required
- Less than 1 year Case Management Experience Required
License and Certification
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor Required
Wolfson Children's Hospital
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, Florida, 32207
Wolfson Children’s Hospital is the only children’s hospital in the region, serving North Florida, South Georgia and beyond. Ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the best children’s hospitals in the U.S., the hospital is staffed by skilled pediatric subspecialty physicians, pediatric nurses and other health care professionals, and equipped with advanced technology to help children overcome serious illnesses like congenital heart disease, cancer, neurological disorders, diabetes and more. As one of only two children’s hospitals in Florida to receive Magnet™ status, Wolfson is a regional referral center for tertiary pediatric care. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River, 213-bed Wolfson Children’s Hospital is a part of Baptist Health. The hospital is located close to the shops and fine dining of the historic San Marco area and is also near sports stadiums, theater and music venues, and museums.