We are looking for an experienced LPN at Baptist Behavioral Health!
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, and within the scope of practice approved by the Medical Director, the Licensed Practical Nurse will provide some oversight to medical assistants and nursing assistance to physicians, greet patients, obtain vital signs, maintain medical documentation, schedule treatments, process prescription prior authorizations, administer injectable medications, and provide patient education.
The LPN at Baptist Behavioral Health should have some familiarity with mentally ill adults and experience coordinating health care for adults.
- Complete documentation and record keeping in the Electronic Health Record
- Prepare patient handouts, benefits investigations, consent forms and medication prior authorizations
- Perform routine monitoring of refrigerator/freezer temperatures to ensure compliance
- Record vital signs and monitor patients for side effects after medication administration
- Oversee infection control practices, management of supplies, storage of medications, and equipment
- Able to administer several differing types of Long Acting Antipsychotic injectables, or other Intramuscular Injections as ordered and monitor patients self-administration of Spravato
- Provides education to patients about medications, side effects, contraindications, physical symptoms through individual counseling and completion of PHQ9 depression scale
- Coordinates all pharmacy orders and deliveries with the appropriate vendor
- Responsible for the security of all controlled medications kept in the office and monitors the administration and accurate recording of use
- Provide nursing guidance to medical assistants and monitor completion of annual competencies
- Other duties as assigned
Associate's Degree - Nursing
- 1-2 years Clinical experience as a LPN preferred
- 2+ years of experience working with mental health and substance use disorders preferred
- Highly organized with the ability to keep accurate notes and records preferred
- Previous experience administering injectable medications preferred
- Previous experience performing preauthorizations and working with specialty pharmacies preferred
- Experience with EMR systems preferred
- Strong customer service skills are required preferred
License and Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Licensed Practical Nurse
1660 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, Florida, 32207
For more than 20 years, health care consumers have named Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville the "most preferred healthcare provider" in the region. As the central hub of the Baptist Health system, Baptist Jacksonville provides the highest level of medical and surgical care using the latest technologies, such as the robotic-assisted da Vinci™ Surgical System. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River in downtown Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is Baptist Health's flagship tertiary-care hospital. Designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville has repeatedly been named among U.S. News & World Report's "Best Hospitals.” The hospital has also been ranked as high performing in more than 10 specialties from neurology and neurosurgery to gynecology, diabetes, endocrinology,oncology and more. Baptist Health also has a new Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center, which is a regional epicenter for advanced treatment of strokes, aneurysms and other brain conditions. As one of 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is located close to sports, theater and music venues, museums, shopping and dining.