We are looking for an experienced Medical Assistant for the Baptist Primary Care office located at Baptist South. The shift for the Medical Assistant position is full time, Monday through Friday.
The Medical Assistant performs assigned tasks in clinic settings to meet the care needs of patients. The medical assistant participates as a member of the health care team and accepts appropriate delegation from the physician or supervisor in meeting the needs of the patients/organization. The Medical assistant performs assigned tasks in accordance with the patient care plan, organizations policies and procedures. This may include verifying patient information, maintaining patient privacy, reviewing and/or recording medication history to ensure EHR is current, taking vitals, confirming purpose of visit or treatment, educating patient, assisting physician with procedures, administers medications as directed by physician. The medical assistant is required to ensure patient safety using positive patient identification protocols and obtain the appropriate consents as required.
Baptist Medical Center South
14540 Old St. Augustine Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32258
High School Diploma/GED
- 1 years Patient Care Experience as a MA preferred
- MA diploma preferred
- MA certification preferred
- Experience in Physician's office
Additional Preferred Requirements Include:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, or unusual situations.
- Ability to have the adaptability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Knowledge of proper phone etiquette and phone handling skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent documentation skills
- Basic computer skills
License and Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
14550 Old St. Augustine Rd
Jacksonville, Florida, 32258
Baptist Health has the largest network of primary care providers in the Jacksonville area, with 45 offices throughout Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia. The network has more than 130 physicians, including family physicians, pediatricians & internists. Baptist is repeatedly chosen as the area’s most preferred health care provider and has been chosen as one of the Best Places to Work in U.S. Healthcare by Modern Healthcare.