We are looking for an experienced Medical Assistant for the Baptist Heart Specialists office located downtown. The shift for the Medical Assistant position is Monday through Friday.
The primary responsibility of the Medical Assistant is to provide assistance to physicians.
Additional responsibilities for Medical Assistants may include:
- Obtains vital signs
- Greets and chaperones patients during medical part of visit
- Maintains medical documentation
- Schedules care, treatment, diagnostic tests per physician
- Processes prescription requests and referrals
- Additional responsibilities may be required based upon office needs
High School Diploma/GED
- 2 years Patient Care Experience
- Experience in Physician's office
License and Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
Baptist Health, founded in 1955, is North Florida’s most comprehensive healthcare system and the area’s only non-profit, mission-driven, locally governed healthcare provider. Our five nationally accredited hospitals, with 1,154 beds, include Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville; Wolfson Children’s Hospital; Baptist Medical Center Beaches; Baptist Medical Center Nassau and Baptist Medical Center South as well as multiple 24-hour freestanding Emergency Centers. The most preferred healthcare system in the region, Baptist Health also includes 50+ primary care offices, as well as home health, behavioral health, pastoral care, rehabilitation services, occupational health and urgent care.