Medical Laboratory Assistant – Baptist South *Up to $500 Sign-On Bonus*
Baptist Health is currently looking for a Full-Time Days Medical Laboratory Assistant in Jacksonville, Fl at our South location! This opportunity is Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM with the occational weekend and a holiday rotation.
- Performs the duties of a phlebotomist in an outpatient laboratory setting
- Utilizes computer system in the processing of laboratory specimens
- Retrieves specimens from pneumatic tube system and processes specimens according to specimen type
- Distributes specimens to different areas of the laboratory
- Coordinates specimen pick-ups for referral testing
- Prepares specimen transfer lists and packages specimens in accordance with laboratory policy for transport
If you are interested in joining the Baptist South team as a Medical Laboratory Assistant, apply now!
High School Diploma/GED
- 3-5 Years Phlebotomy Experience
License and Certification
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician Preferred
14550 Old St. Augustine Rd
Jacksonville, Florida, 32258
Opened in 2005 in southern Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center South has doubled in size. This full-service hospital provides a healing environment, from its architecture to amenities, and also is a digital environment using an electronic medical record. Baptist South was designated a Magnet™ hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care and is a Joint Commission-certified stroke center and an accredited chest pain center. Baptist Medical Center South has been ranked No. 1 among metro Jacksonville hospitals in the U.S. News and World Report annual Best Hospital rankings. Baptist has also been named one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare. The hospital is minutes away from sports, shopping, music, cultural and entertainment venues, as well as beautiful beaches.