Medical Laboratory Assistant – Baptist ED Oakleaf
Baptist Health is currently looking for an experienced Medical Laboratory Assistant II to join our team at Baptist ED Oakleaf! This is a PRN opportunity!
- Perform a variety of clerical and technical duties associated with the pre- and post-analytical handling of laboratory specimens and results
- Communicate laboratory results and responds to specimen-related questions from physicians and various other caregivers
- Collects blood specimens for routine and special laboratory procedures
- Utilizes computer functions
Education and Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED (required)
- 1 years Phlebotomy Experience.
- Specimen Processing Experience.
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician.
High School Diploma/GED
- Less than 1 year Phlebotomy Experience
- Specimen Processing Experience
License and Certification
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician Preferred
Baptist ED Oakleaf
9868 Family Place
Jacksonville, Florida, 32222
Baptist Health, founded in 1955, is North Florida’s most comprehensive healthcare system and the area’s only non-profit, mission-driven, locally governed healthcare provider. Our five nationally accredited hospitals, with 1,154 beds, include Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville; Wolfson Children’s Hospital; Baptist Medical Center Beaches; Baptist Medical Center Nassau and Baptist Medical Center South as well as Baptist Clay Medical Campus, which has a 24-hour freestanding Emergency Center. The most preferred healthcare system in the region, Baptist Health also includes 45 primary care offices, as well as home health, behavioral health, pastoral care, rehabilitation services, occupational health and urgent care.