*Up to $6,000 SIGN ON BONUS*
Baptist Health is currently looking for a Medical Technologist to join our Laboratory Services department at Baptist Medical Center Nassau. This is a Full-Time Days opportunity.
Baptist Medical Center Nassau located at 1250 South 18th Street is a highly advanced, extremely well-equipped community hospital on Amelia Island that provides a full spectrum of in and out patient services and 24-hour emergency care to coastal communities in northeast Florida and southeast Georgia. The medical staff includes highly trained physicians in 24 different specialties who practice locally, and as part of the Baptist Health System. Baptist Nassau has access to many additional specialized physicians, services, and resources when needed.
As a Medical Technologist you will be responsible for:
- Maintain expertise and perform technical, specimen collection/processing, LIS, general department, and clerical functions in one or more laboratory sections
- Maintain records of performance as defined in the laboratory's general and sectional policy and procedure manuals
- Maintain records of performance as defined in the SOP manuals.
- May instruct new employees and students.
- Supervised by Director and Section Supervisors, however, can perform all responsibilities of this job description without on-site supervision
- *Candidates licensed prior to 1997 are not required to have certification per the State of Florida Licensure rules.Candidates licensed prior to 1997 are not required to have certification per the State of Florida Licensure rules.*
This Medical Technologist position will be located at Baptist Nassau. If you are interested in this Full-Time Days opportunity, please apply now or reach out directly to Joseph.Medlin@bmcjax.com
In keeping with our mission and core values, Baptist is requiring that all team members complete their COVID-19 vaccine series or obtain a medical or religious exemption by 11/15/2021 or at time of hire after this date.
- Less than one year Medical Technologist Experience
License and Certification
- Certified Medical Technologist (MT) Preferred Or
- Certified Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) Preferred Or
- Licensed Medical Technologist Required Or
- Licensed Clinical Laboratory Technician Required Or
1250 South 18th Street
Fernandina Beach, Florida, 32034
Baptist Medical Center Nassau
As Nassau County’s only hospital located on beautiful Amelia Island, Baptist Medical Center Nassau is a Magnet™ hospital designated by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care. The progressive hospital utilizes a fully electronic medical record and is an accredited chest pain center. The picturesque area offers many cultural and leisure activities, including golfing, boating and unspoiled beaches. Downtown Jacksonville is a short drive south, offering NFL football, premier theater and music venues, cultural activities and more. Baptist has been named one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare.