*Up to $6,000 SIGN ON BONUS*
Baptist Health is currently looking for a Medical Technologist to join our Laboratory Services department at Baptist Medical Center South. This is a Full-Time Nights opportunity.
Baptist South is serving the rapidly growing neighborhoods in southern Duval and northern St. Johns counties. The hospital blends resort-like amenities with the most advanced medical care, providing for the physical, spiritual, and emotional needs of patients and their families.
As a Medical Technologist you will be responsible for:
- Maintain expertise and perform technical, specimen collection/processing, LIS, general department, and clerical functions in one or more laboratory sections
- Maintain records of performance as defined in the laboratory's general and sectional policy and procedure manuals
- Maintain records of performance as defined in the SOP manuals.
- May instruct new employees and students.
- Supervised by Director and Section Supervisors, however, can perform all responsibilities of this job description without on-site supervision
The hours for the position are: 10:30 pm to 7:00 am including a weekend and holiday rotation.
This Medical Technologist position will be located at Baptist South. If you are interested in this Full-Time Nights opportunity, please apply now or reach out directly to Joseph.Medlin@bmcjax.com
In keeping with our mission and core values, Baptist is requiring that all team members complete their COVID-19 vaccine series or obtain a medical or religious exemption by 11/15/2021 or at time of hire after this date.
- Less than one year Medical Technologist Experience
License and Certification
- Certified Medical Technologist (MT) Preferred Or
- Certified Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) Preferred Or
- Licensed Medical Technologist Required Or
- Licensed Clinical Laboratory Technician Required Or
14550 Old St. Augustine Rd
Jacksonville, Florida, 32258
Opened in 2005 in southern Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center South has doubled in size. This full-service hospital provides a healing environment, from its architecture to amenities, and also is a digital environment using an electronic medical record. Baptist South was designated a Magnet™ hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care and is a Joint Commission-certified stroke center and an accredited chest pain center. Baptist Medical Center South has been ranked No. 1 among metro Jacksonville hospitals in the U.S. News and World Report annual Best Hospital rankings. Baptist has also been named one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare. The hospital is minutes away from sports, shopping, music, cultural and entertainment venues, as well as beautiful beaches.