Medical Technologist, Core Lab, Full Time, Nights, Baptist Jacksonville
Date Posted: Mar 02, 2023
Shift Details: Nights
*Up to $6,000 SIGN ON BONUS*
Baptist Medical Center is currently looking for a Medical Technologist in our Core Lab at Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville! This is a full-time, nights opportunity working the hours of 8:30 pm to 7:00 am with rotating weekends. This shift has the flexibility to be structured as a five-day workweek if needed. This candidate is required to be licensed as a Medical Technologist in the state of Florida and in the areas of Chemistry and Hematology. This candidate must be trained in the areas of chemistry, coagulation, urinalysis, hematology, and some serology. This candidate will have the opportunity to work with Beckman Instruments and our automation line for all chemistry, hematology, and coagulation instruments. This candidate must be comfortable working closely with a team of 5 Medical Technologist and 3-4 Specimen Processors. This candidate will have the opportunity to train on the dayshift, with four weeks dedicated to chemistry and four weeks dedicated to hematology.
As a Medical Technologist in the Core Lab, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining expertise and performing technical, specimen collection/processing, LIS, general department, and clerical functions in laboratory areas where applicable.
- Maintaining records of performance as defined in the SOP manuals.
- Supervision by Director and Section Supervisors; can perform all responsibilities without on-site supervision.
- Supervising MLTs as General Supervisor and serving as Charge Technologist in the absence of other lab supervisors or MTs.
- May instruct new employees and students.
- License Note: Candidates licensed prior to 1997 are not required to have certification per the State of Florida Licensure rules.
This Medical Technologist position will be located in our Core Lab at Baptist Jacksonville. If you are interested in this night shift opportunity, please apply now!
In keeping with our mission and core values, Baptist is requiring that all team members complete their COVID-19 vaccine series or obtain a medical or religious exemption by the time of hire.
- Less than 1 year Medical Technologist Experience
License and Certification
- Certified Medical Technologist (MT) Preferred Or
- Certified Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) Preferred Or
- Licensed Medical Technologist Required Or
- Licensed Clinical Laboratory Technician Required Or
Baptist Jacksonville (Downtown)
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, FL, 32207
For more than 20 years, health care consumers have named Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville the "most preferred healthcare provider" in the region. As the central hub of the Baptist Health system, Baptist Jacksonville provides the highest level of medical and surgical care using the latest technologies, such as the robotic-assisted da Vinci™ Surgical System. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River in downtown Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is Baptist Health's flagship tertiary-care hospital. Designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville has repeatedly been named among U.S. News & World Report's "Best Hospitals.” The hospital has also been ranked as high performing in more than 10 specialties from neurology and neurosurgery to gynecology, diabetes, endocrinology,oncology and more. Baptist Health also has a new Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center, which is a regional epicenter for advanced treatment of strokes, aneurysms and other brain conditions. As one of 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is located close to sports, theater and music venues, museums, shopping and dining.