*Up to $6,000 SIGN ON BONUS*
Baptist Health is currently looking for a Medical Technologist to join our Laboratory Services department at Baptist Medical Center South. This is a full-time, night opportunity with working hours of 10:30 pm - 7:00 am and includes weekend and holiday rotations. This candidate will be working within a team of 5-6 other Medical Technologists, Medical Lab Assistants, and a Supervisor. This successful candidate should be detail-oriented and should have excellent communication skills as they will be responsible for accurately recording and reporting test results to physicians and other healthcare providers, such as our on-call Pathologist. This candidate will have the opportunity to rotate within different areas of the lab and sharpen their skills within each specialty by working as a Generalist! This candidate will be given the opportunity to work with Beckman Instruments and offer input and review new instruments that are brought into the lab. This candidate will also be able to help implement a new automation line that will be going in soon! Training for this position will take place on the day shift and allow you to gain extensive and comprehensive training for your new position!
As a Medical Technologist, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining expertise and performing technical, specimen collection/processing, LIS, general department, and clerical functions in one or more laboratory sections.
- Maintaining records of performance as defined in the laboratory's general and sectional policy and procedure manuals.
- Maintaining records of performance as defined in the SOP manuals.
- Instructing new employees and students.
- Supervising MLTs as General Supervisor and serve as Charge Technologist in the absence of other lab supervisors or MTs.
- Working with Director and Section Supervisors, however, the candidate can perform all responsibilities of this job description without on-site supervision.
License Note: Candidates licensed prior to 1997 are not required to have certification per the State of Florida Licensure rules. This candidate must be able to obtain or hold a valid Medical Technologist - Generalist license in the State of Florida before hire.
This Medical Technologist position will be located at Baptist South. If you are interested in this full-time, night opportunity, please apply now!
- 2 years Medical Technologist Experience
License and Certification
- Certified Medical Technologist (MT) Preferred Or
- Certified Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) Preferred Or
- Licensed Medical Technologist Required Or
- Licensed Clinical Laboratory Technician Required Or
14550 Old St. Augustine Rd
Jacksonville, FL, 32258
Opened in 2005 in southern Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center South has doubled in size. This full-service hospital provides a healing environment, from its architecture to amenities, and also is a digital environment using an electronic medical record. Baptist South was designated a Magnet™ hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care and is a Joint Commission-certified stroke center and an accredited chest pain center. Baptist Medical Center South has been ranked No. 1 among metro Jacksonville hospitals in the U.S. News and World Report annual Best Hospital rankings. Baptist has also been named one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare. The hospital is minutes away from sports, shopping, music, cultural and entertainment venues, as well as beautiful beaches.
About Baptist Health
Chosen as the area's “Most Preferred” healthcare provider every year since 1990 according to the annual National Research Corporation study of Jacksonville area residents, Baptist Health ranks highest in the categories of Best Doctors, Best Nurses, Best Quality and Best Reputation.