*Up to $5,000 SIGN ON BONUS*
Baptist Medical Center is currently looking for a Microbiology Medical Technologist to join our Laboratory Services department at Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville. This is a full-time, evening opportunity working either 2:00pm - 10:30pm or 3:00pm - 11:30pm with weekends included. A Medical Technologist license within the State of Florida is required to apply. This candidate will be receiving and processing specimens and will have the opportunity to work with an automated specimen processor. This candidate will be processing gram stains, performing stat molecular testing, setting up susceptibility testing, and quality control testing. This candidate will be utilizing automated blood culture instruments as they will be handling some blood culture work. This candidate must be comfortable working independently or within a small team of one other Medical Technologist and Medical Lab Assistant. This position requires minimal microbiology experience and a three week training period is required before operating independently.
As a Medical Technologist, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining expertise and perform technical, specimen collection/processing, LIS, general department, and clerical functions in laboratory areas where applicable.
- Maintaining records of performance as defined in the SOP manuals.
- Supervision by Director and Section Supervisors; can perform all responsibilities without on-site supervision.
- Supervising MLTs as General Supervisor and serve as Charge Technologist in the absence of other lab supervisors or MTs.
- Instructing new employees and students.
- License Note: Candidates licensed prior to 1997 are not required to have certification per the State of Florida Licensure rules.
This Microbiology Medical Technologist position will be located at Baptist Jacksonville. If you are interested in this full-time, evening opportunity, please apply now!.
- Less than 1 year Medical Technologist Experience
License and Certification
- Certified Medical Technologist (MT) Preferred Or
- Certified Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) Preferred Or
- Licensed Medical Technologist Required Or
- Licensed Clinical Laboratory Technician Required Or
Baptist Jacksonville (Downtown)
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, FL, 32207
For more than 20 years, health care consumers have named Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville the "most preferred healthcare provider" in the region. As the central hub of the Baptist Health system, Baptist Jacksonville provides the highest level of medical and surgical care using the latest technologies, such as the robotic-assisted da Vinci™ Surgical System. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River in downtown Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is Baptist Health's flagship tertiary-care hospital. Designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville has repeatedly been named among U.S. News & World Report's "Best Hospitals.” The hospital has also been ranked as high performing in more than 10 specialties from neurology and neurosurgery to gynecology, diabetes, endocrinology,oncology and more. Baptist Health also has a new Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center, which is a regional epicenter for advanced treatment of strokes, aneurysms and other brain conditions. As one of 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is located close to sports, theater and music venues, museums, shopping and dining.
About Baptist Health
Chosen as the area's “Most Preferred” healthcare provider every year since 1990 according to the annual National Research Corporation study of Jacksonville area residents, Baptist Health ranks highest in the categories of Best Doctors, Best Nurses, Best Quality and Best Reputation.