Baptist Health is currently looking for a Medical Technologist to join our Emergency Department at Baptist Emergency Department Oakleaf. This is a part time, evening shift opportunity, working Monday through Thursday, 3:00 PM - 9:30 AM. This Medical Technologist will be supervised by the Director and Section Supervisors, however, they can perform all responsibilities of this job description without on-site supervision. This candidate must hold a valid Medical Technologist - Generalist license in the State of Florida and have atleast two years of experience as a Medical Technologist.
As a Medical Technologist, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the expertise and performing technical, specimen collection/processing, LIS, general department, and clerical functions in one or more laboratory sections
- Maintaining records of performance as defined in the laboratory's general and sectional policy and procedure manuals
- Maintaining records of performance as defined in the SOP manuals.
- Instructing new employees, MT, and MLT students.
This Medical Technologist position will be located at Baptist ED Oakleaf. If you are interested in this evening opportunity, please apply now!
- 2 years Medical Technologist Experience
License and Certification
- Certified Medical Technologist (MT) Preferred Or
- Certified Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) Preferred Or
- Licensed Medical Technologist Required Or
- Licensed Clinical Laboratory Technician Required Or
Baptist ED Oakleaf
9868 Family Place
Jacksonville, FL, 32222
For more than 20 years, health care consumers have named Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville the "most preferred healthcare provider" in the region. As the central hub of the Baptist Health system, Baptist Jacksonville provides the highest level of medical and surgical care using the latest technologies, such as the robotic-assisted da Vinci™ Surgical System. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River in downtown Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is Baptist Health's flagship tertiary-care hospital. Designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville has repeatedly been named among U.S. News & World Report's "Best Hospitals.” The hospital has also been ranked as high performing in more than 10 specialties from neurology and neurosurgery to gynecology, diabetes, endocrinology,oncology and more. Baptist Health also has a new Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center, which is a regional epicenter for advanced treatment of strokes, aneurysms and other brain conditions. As one of 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is located close to sports, theater and music venues, museums, shopping and dining.
About Baptist Health
Chosen as the area's “Most Preferred” healthcare provider every year since 1990 according to the annual National Research Corporation study of Jacksonville area residents, Baptist Health ranks highest in the categories of Best Doctors, Best Nurses, Best Quality and Best Reputation.