Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center located in beautiful Northeast Florida is actively seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our distinguished surgical oncology faculty. Baptist MD Anderson brings an unprecedented level of oncology care to Northeast Florida and provides physicians an appealing blend of community focused patient care and the benefit of an academic-oriented model. Baptist Health is proud to be the regions most preferred healthcare provider, one of only seven unique health systems in the United States chosen to replicate MD Anderson Cancer Center’s multidisciplinary and proven model of care, and the Southeast patient care hub for MD Anderson Cancer Network®, a program of MD Anderson.
Baptist MD Anderson has opened a brand-new, 330,000 square foot patient-centered, state-of-the-art facility dedicated solely to the full spectrum of oncology care.
- Master of Science required
- Certified/Licensed Physician Assistant/Associate or Certified/Licensed Nurse Practitioner required
- Surgical experience preferred – First assist preferred, laparoscopic and robotic experience a plus.
- The APP will be an integral part of the Colorectal/Surgical Oncology section and help manage and facilitate care for patients throughout the entire spectrum of care: outpatient clinic, inpatient floor and operative rooms, and on-call (shared with others on the services).
- Importantly, the APP will have significant autonomy in managing patients and performing procedures both in the outpatient clinic setting and also in the OR’s.
- Inpatient: The APP acts as the first assist in the OR. The APP is responsible for: independent rounding on patients in the acute post operative phase who are admitted to the hospital, post operative wound care and pain management, timely collaboration with consulting physicians, coordinating discharge from the hospital, and evaluation of new consults.
- OR: As surgical first-assist, the APP will assist in laparoscopic and robotic surgical support and management. Intraoperative endoscopy will also be taught and performed. Increasing independence will be provided.
- Outpatient: The APP will have their own independent clinic with autonomy. The APP will evaluate new and existing patients in collaboration with staff physicians, as well as multidisciplinary team, complete outpatient documentation in a timely fashion, perform clinic procedures as applicable. Procedures include flexible sigmoidoscopy with biopsies, anoscopy, rubber band ligation, botox administration, and incision and drainage of abscesses.
- Hours: Monday – Friday + On-Call
- On-Call: Shared night and weekend call: home call for surgical oncology service during the week, and weekend call with inpatient rounding as well as OR coverage for stat or emergency cases.
World Famous Quality of Life
Northeast Florida is alive with over 1,100 miles of beaches and waterways, 80,000 acres of parks and trails, a strong and prosperous economy, professional sports teams, championship tennis clubs, renowned golf courses, diverse heritage, and vast cultural experiences. The area serves as home to some of the Sunshine State’s best cost of living and the nation’s most sought-after quality of life, combining old southern charm with modern Florida flair. Immediately within reach are world famous destinations, attractions, theme parks, entertainment and recreation for individuals and families of all ages.
Recently ranked by Forbes Magazine as the second most desirable city for relocation in the United States, Jacksonville is a modern and vibrant destination surrounded by the very best that Florida has to offer. Equal parts relaxation and adventure, the region was recently chosen as one of Expedia’s “Top 20 Supercool U.S. Cities”.
Baptist MD Anderson is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value which evolves from a diverse faculty. Interested candidates should submit their CV and a letter describing their clinical and academic interests to: Madeleine.Lamb@bmcjax.com
- New Graduates are Encouraged to Apply
- Surgical experience preferred – First assist preferred, Laparoscopic and robotic experience a plus.
License and Certification
- Certified Physician Assistant (PA-C) or Nurse Practitioner required
- Licensed Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner required
Baptist MD Anderson Ctr
1301 Palm Ave
Jacksonville, FL, 32207
Baptist Health is partnering with MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston to create the Baptist Health MD Anderson Cancer Center in Jacksonville. MD Anderson is the largest freestanding cancer center in the world, ranked as one of the top two hospitals in cancer care by U.S. News and World Report. Baptist Health of Northeast Florida provides state-of-the art care for all types of cancer and is a regional leader in prevention, diagnosis, treatment, research and education. As one of only three health systems in the nation to become a partner member of the MD Anderson Cancer Center, Baptist Health is replicating the MD Anderson model of care, with full clinical and operational integration. This means patients in the Southeast U.S. will be able to benefit from the same full range of multi-disciplinary care options as those available in Houston, including access to ongoing cancer research and select clinical trials. The Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center team is seeking full-time, energetic and compassionate individuals for both inpatient and outpatient care to become part of our innovative, multi-disciplinary, highly integrated cancer program.
About Baptist Health
Chosen as the area's “Most Preferred” healthcare provider every year since 1990 according to the annual National Research Corporation study of Jacksonville area residents, Baptist Health ranks highest in the categories of Best Doctors, Best Nurses, Best Quality and Best Reputation.