Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center located in beautiful Northeast Florida is actively seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our distinguished Surgical Oncology faculty. Baptist MD Anderson brings an unprecedented level of oncology care to Northeast Florida and provides physicians an appealing blend of community focused patient care and the benefit of an academic-oriented model. Baptist Health is proud to be the regions most preferred healthcare provider, one of only seven unique health systems in the United States chosen to replicate MD Anderson Cancer Center’s multidisciplinary and proven model of care, and the Southeast patient care hub for MD Anderson Cancer Network®, a program of MD Anderson.
Baptist MD Anderson has opened a brand-new, 330,000 square foot patient-centered, state-of-the-art facility dedicated solely to the full spectrum of oncology care.'
- The APP (Advanced Practice Provider) will be an integral part of the Thoracic Surgery section helping to manage patients throughout the entire spectrum of care: outpatient clinic, operating room, inpatient floor as well as post operative and cancer surveillance care.
- The APP will function autonomously managing patients and performing procedures both in the outpatient clinic setting and while patients are hospitalized at Baptist Medical Center. Procedures include ultrasound guided thoracentesis, chest tube placement and removal.
- Inpatient responsibilities include independent rounding on patients in the acute post operative phase, post operative chest tube, drain, wound and pain management, interpretation of daily labs and imaging, completion of daily progress notes/orders and discharge planning/coordination. The APP will also be responsible for evaluation of new thoracic surgery consults with timely collaboration with supervising MD.
- OR responsibilities include first assisting in the OR for all open, minimally invasive and robotic thoracic surgical procedures as well as completion of all perioperative notes and orders.
- Outpatient responsibilities include participation in an independent APP clinic seeing existing patients for routine and urgent postoperative care, as well as patients coming for routine cancer surveillance visits. Clinic notes, orders and referrals are all expected to be completed within a timely fashion. During clinic hours the APP will also be responsible for assisting the clinic RNs with triaging postoperative patient issues and handling patient messages. Participation in weekly tumor board expected as well as working with the multidisciplinary team as needed to provide high level cancer care.
- Hours: Monday – Friday with on-call responsibilities.
- On-Call: Rotating weekday night and weekend call, 1 out of 6 weekends. Home call for thoracic and head and neck service during the weekday nights and weekend call with inpatient rounding as well as OR coverage for stat or emergency cases.
- Surgical Experience Preferred
- First Assist Experience Preferred, Robotic Experience a Plus.
License and Certification
- Certified Advanced Practice Registered Nurse or Physician Assistant Required
- Licensed Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA-C) Required
Baptist MD Anderson Ctr
1301 Palm Ave
Jacksonville, FL, 32207
Baptist Health is partnering with MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston to create the Baptist Health MD Anderson Cancer Center in Jacksonville. MD Anderson is the largest freestanding cancer center in the world, ranked as one of the top two hospitals in cancer care by U.S. News and World Report. Baptist Health of Northeast Florida provides state-of-the art care for all types of cancer and is a regional leader in prevention, diagnosis, treatment, research and education. As one of only three health systems in the nation to become a partner member of the MD Anderson Cancer Center, Baptist Health is replicating the MD Anderson model of care, with full clinical and operational integration. This means patients in the Southeast U.S. will be able to benefit from the same full range of multi-disciplinary care options as those available in Houston, including access to ongoing cancer research and select clinical trials. The Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center team is seeking full-time, energetic and compassionate individuals for both inpatient and outpatient care to become part of our innovative, multi-disciplinary, highly integrated cancer program.
About Baptist Health
Chosen as the area's “Most Preferred” healthcare provider every year since 1990 according to the annual National Research Corporation study of Jacksonville area residents, Baptist Health ranks highest in the categories of Best Doctors, Best Nurses, Best Quality and Best Reputation.