Baptist Health is actively seeking a dedicated Paramedic to join our Emergency Department at Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville! This is a Full-Time Days position with a 36-hour per week commitment. This paramedic will be a core part of our stroke team. They will be focused on initiating INT/IV and transporting patients throughout the hospital.
The Paramedic will be responsible for assisting the Registered Nurse (RN) with the care of patients who have healthcare needs including:
- Activities of Daily Living
- Maintaining a safe environment
- Collecting lab specimens
- Initiating INT/IV, ultrasound IV competent
- Intake and output monitoring
- Electronic medical record documentation
* LEAP is provided for ongoing education for growth in a healthcare industry. *
This Paramedic position will be located at Baptist Jacksonville. If you are interested in this Full-Time Days opportunity, please apply now!
High School Diploma/GED
- Less than 1 year Hospital Experience Required
- Less than 1 year Trasnport Medicine Setting Experience Required
- Less than 1 year Patient Care Experience Required
License and Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Required
- Incident Command system (ICS) 300, 400 Preferred
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Preferred
- Licensed Registered Paramedic Required
Baptist Jacksonville (Downtown)
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, FL, 32207
For more than 20 years, health care consumers have named Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville the "most preferred healthcare provider" in the region. As the central hub of the Baptist Health system, Baptist Jacksonville provides the highest level of medical and surgical care using the latest technologies, such as the robotic-assisted da Vinci™ Surgical System. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River in downtown Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is Baptist Health's flagship tertiary-care hospital. Designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville has repeatedly been named among U.S. News & World Report's "Best Hospitals.” The hospital has also been ranked as high performing in more than 10 specialties from neurology and neurosurgery to gynecology, diabetes, endocrinology,oncology and more. Baptist Health also has a new Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center, which is a regional epicenter for advanced treatment of strokes, aneurysms and other brain conditions. As one of 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is located close to sports, theater and music venues, museums, shopping and dining.