Baptist Medical Center is looking to add a Paramedic to add to our Emergency Department at Baptist North. This is a Full-Time Days position with 12-hour shifts. It will be a 36-hour per week commitment. The Paramedic will be responsible for:
- Assisting RNs in the Emergency Department with the care of patients who have healthcare needs including activities of daily living;
- Maintaining a safe environment;
- Collecting lab specimens;
- Intake and Output monitoring;
- Electronic medical record documentation;
- Working under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
This Paramedic will be located at at Baptist North. If you are interested in this Full-Time Days opportunity, please apply now!
In keeping with our mission and core values, Baptist is requiring that all team members complete their COVID-19 vaccine series or obtain a medical or religious exemption by 11/15/2021 or at time of hire after this date.
High School Diploma/GED
- Less than 1 year Hospital Experience Required
- Less than 1 year Trasnport Medicine Setting Experience Required
- Less than 1 year Patient Care Experience Required
License and Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Required
- Incident Command system (ICS) 300, 400 Preferred
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Preferred
- Licensed Registered Paramedic Required
Baptist ED North
11250 Baptist Health Drive
Jacksonville, FL, 32218
Baptist Emergency at Dunn Avenue
The Baptist North Emergency Center is located at the northeast intersection of 295 and Dunn Avenue. The center is planning to open in late fall of 2016 and will bring the high-quality care of Wolfson Children's Hospital and Baptist Health to residents of northwest Jacksonville. This emergency center will be open 24 hours a day, has 16 treatment rooms, a separate waiting room for children, children specific medical equipment and imaging capabilities, a LifeFlight helipad and an on-site ambulance. Pediatric emergency medical physicians affiliated with Wolfson Children's Hospital are also available during peak hours daily from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. With a focus on wellness, the campus's three story Medical Office Building will feature a YMCA on the first floor with a Healthy Living Center. The Medical Office Building has primary care an specialist physicians' offices that are open throughout the year, providing northside families with a "one-stop" destination for a wide array of care.