Baptist Health is currently looking for a Pediatric Pharmacist to join our team at Wolfson Children's Hospital. This is a full time, night shift opportunity working a 7-on/7-off schedule, 9:30 PM to 8:00 AM! This Pharmacist will be doing central pharmacy functions: checking patient orders, authorizations, dispensing medications, supervising technicians, and consulting with other medical staff on medication and regimens. This candidate will need both pediatric and adult clinical experience as they will be working with a diverse patient population. This Pharmacist will be a resource for the clinical team at Wolfsons and needs to have strong communication and problem solving skills. This candidate will undergo an eight week training period. A Pharmacist license in the State of Florida is required for hire.
As a Pediatric Pharmacist, you will be responsible for:
- Entering orders with great accuracy.
- Checking technician work for accuracy prior to release of medications and solutions to the floor.
- Supervising technicians and serving on committees as assigned.
- Answering questions for all healthcare professionals.
- Serving as a consultant for members of the medical staff.
- Monitoring patient therapy as assigned, including pharmacokinetics services.
A Pharmacist license in the State of Florida is required for hire.
This Pediatric Pharmacist position will be located at Wolfson Children's Hospital. If you are interested in this full-time, night shift opportunity, please apply now!
- 1-2 years Hospital Pharmacy Experience
- 1-2 years Experience with Automated Dispensing Devices
- Residency Training
- Experience with Pharmacy Information Systems
License and Certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Required
- Registered Pharmacist Required
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Required
- Licensed Pharmacist Required
Wolfson Children's Hospital
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, FL, 32207
For more than 20 years, health care consumers have named Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville the "most preferred healthcare provider" in the region. As the central hub of the Baptist Health system, Baptist Jacksonville provides the highest level of medical and surgical care using the latest technologies, such as the robotic-assisted da Vinci™ Surgical System. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River in downtown Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is Baptist Health's flagship tertiary-care hospital. Designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville has repeatedly been named among U.S. News & World Report's "Best Hospitals.” The hospital has also been ranked as high performing in more than 10 specialties from neurology and neurosurgery to gynecology, diabetes, endocrinology,oncology and more. Baptist Health also has a new Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center, which is a regional epicenter for advanced treatment of strokes, aneurysms and other brain conditions. As one of 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is located close to sports, theater and music venues, museums, shopping and dining.
About Baptist Health
Chosen as the area's “Most Preferred” healthcare provider every year since 1990 according to the annual National Research Corporation study of Jacksonville area residents, Baptist Health ranks highest in the categories of Best Doctors, Best Nurses, Best Quality and Best Reputation.