We're hiring for a Referrals Coordinator for our Baptist Primary Care office located in Baymeadows. This is a Full-Time Days shift.
The Referral Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Processesing patient referrals to internal and external services
- Responsible for reviewing and processing incoming (electronic/fax) referrals in a timely manner
- Tracking referrals to avoid duplications, to ensure completion, and to verify documentation is in EMR
- Ensure referrals received with correct diagnosis code and participating insurance plans
- Serving as an advocate for the patient and the patient's family
- Will be required to contact patient and obtain medical history, order testing as required, make appointments, send new patient paperwork
- Receiving, distributing and/or processesing faxes relating to the care of the patient
- Assist with incoming calls and other duties as needed
If you're interested in our Referral Coordinator position, please apply directly!
In keeping with our mission and core values, Baptist is requiring that all team members complete their COVID-19 vaccine series or obtain a medical or religious exemption by 11/15/2021 or at time of hire after this date.
High School Diploma/GED
- Less than 1 year Medical Office Experience
- Previous Referrals Experience Preferred
License and Certification
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) Preferred
Baptist Primary Care
Baptist Health has the largest network of primary care providers in the Jacksonville area, with 45 offices throughout Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia. The network has more than 130 physicians, including family physicians, pediatricians & internists. Baptist is repeatedly chosen as the area’s most preferred health care provider and has been chosen as one of the Best Places to Work in U.S. Healthcare by Modern Healthcare.