*$5,000 Sign-On Bonus*
We are looking for Registered Nurses (RN) to join our Adult Surgical Oncology Progressive Care team at Baptist Medical Center in Jacksonville, FL.
This unit typically see a 4:1 ratio and is accountable for providing care to post-surgical oncology patients who require advanced care. As a Registered Nurse for the Adult Surgical Oncology PCU, you will:
- Provide quality nursing care to the patient in the Oncology Department
- Provide for patient needs as recognized through use of the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation) and the mission statement; organization; supervision of care provided by supportive personnel and coordination of care provided by ancillary services.
- Include patients and significant others (SO)/families in developing an individualized plan of care.
- Education of patients/SO/families to their disease process and plan of care.
- Serves as patient advocate and responsible for assisting the Interventional Radiologists
In keeping with our mission and core values, Baptist is requiring that all team members complete their COVID-19 vaccine series or obtain a medical or religious exemption by 11/15/2021 or at time of hire after this date.
Bachelor's Degree - Nursing
- Less than 1 year Advanced Dysrhythmia Experience
- Less than 1 year Medical Surgical Nursing Experience
- Less than 1 year EKG Experience
License and Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Required
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) Preferred
- Conscious Sedation Certification Preferred
- Licensed Registered Nurse Required
Baptist Jacksonville (Downtown)
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, FL, 32207
For more than 20 years, health care consumers have named Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville the "most preferred healthcare provider" in the region. As the central hub of the Baptist Health system, Baptist Jacksonville provides the highest level of medical and surgical care using the latest technologies, such as the robotic-assisted da Vinci™ Surgical System. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River in downtown Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is Baptist Health's flagship tertiary-care hospital. Designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville has repeatedly been named among U.S. News & World Report's "Best Hospitals.” The hospital has also been ranked as high performing in more than 10 specialties from neurology and neurosurgery to gynecology, diabetes, endocrinology,oncology and more. Baptist Health also has a new Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center, which is a regional epicenter for advanced treatment of strokes, aneurysms and other brain conditions. As one of 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is located close to sports, theater and music venues, museums, shopping and dining.