We are looking for Registered Nurses (RN) to join our cath Lab team at Baptist Health in Jacksonville, FL. This is a full time days position in the Cath Lab at our Downtown campus. As a Registered Nurse for Baptist Health you will:
- Responsible for ensuring patient is consented and pre procedure assessment and paperwork is completed.
- Performs monitoring of patient during Cardiac and structural heart procedures, procedural sedation, provides medication needed for patient care during procedures, communicates any concerns, abnormalities or issues with Cardiologists.
- Provides support during procedures (circulating) by dropping sterile supplies for the Cardiologist and scrub tech.
- Transports patients post procedure to inpatient care and provides hand off communication. Must possess critical thinking skills to provide preemptive care during procedures. Monitor and record patient procedures when not in circulator or sedating role. Collaborative team work both in procedure rooms and with all teams within the Cardiovascular division is a must.
- On call for after-hour emergencies required. One night per week of on call and every third weekend. Holidays are rotated. Ten hour shifts.
If you would like to join a highly recognized and awarded team, at a Magnet designated hospital, apply today!
Associate's Degree - Nursing
Bachelor's Degree - Nursing
- 2 years Critical Care Experience
License and Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Conscious Sedation Certification
- Certified Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN)
- Licensed Registered Nurse
For more than 20 years, health care consumers have named Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville the "most preferred healthcare provider" in the region. As the central hub of the Baptist Health system, Baptist Jacksonville provides the highest level of medical and surgical care using the latest technologies, such as the robotic-assisted da Vinci™ Surgical System. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River in downtown Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is Baptist Health's flagship tertiary-care hospital. Designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville has repeatedly been named among U.S. News & World Report's "Best Hospitals.” The hospital has also been ranked as high performing in more than 10 specialties from neurology and neurosurgery to gynecology, diabetes, endocrinology,oncology and more. Baptist Health also has a new Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center, which is a regional epicenter for advanced treatment of strokes, aneurysms and other brain conditions. As one of 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is located close to sports, theater and music venues, museums, shopping and dining.