Registered Nurse, Emergency Department, Full-Time, Nights, Baptist South
Date Posted: Mar 01, 2023
Shift Details: Nights
*$10,000 Sign-On Bonus*
Baptist Medical Center is looking to add a Registered Nurse to the Emergency Department at Baptist South. This is a Full-Time night shift opportunity with a commitment of 36 hours per week.
Baptist South is serving the rapidly growing neighborhoods in southern Duval and northern St. Johns counties. The hospital blends resort-like amenities with the most advanced medical care, providing for the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of patients and their families.
As a Registered Nurse, you will be Responsible for:
- Providing care to patients requiring treatment of any medical, surgical, or other condition;
- Embracing and upholding the hospital mission statement;
- Educating patients and families to their disease process and plan of care;
- Interacting with physicians and other departments within the hospital;
- Coordinating care provided by ancillary services;
- Acting as the patient advocate;
- Participating in staff meetings and other unit activities.
This Registered Nurse will be located at Baptist Medical Center South in the Emergency Department in Jacksonville, FL. If you are interested in this Full-Time Night shift opportunity, please apply now or contact Janee.Reed@bmcjax.com.
In keeping with our mission and core values, Baptist is requiring that all team members complete their COVID-19 vaccine series or obtain a medical or religious exemption by 11/15/2021 or at time of hire after this date.
Associate's Degree - Nursing
Bachelor's Degree - Nursing
- 1-2 years Medical Surgical Nursing Experience
- Telemetry Experience
- Emergency Department Experience Preferred
- Hospital Experience
License and Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Preferred
- Certified Emergency Registered Nurse (CEN) Preferred
- Trauma Nurse Core Course Certification (TNCC) Preferred
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification Preferred
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Preferred
- Conscious Sedation Certification Preferred
- Licensed Registered Nurse Required
14550 Old St. Augustine Rd
Jacksonville, FL, 32258
Opened in 2005 in southern Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center South has doubled in size. This full-service hospital provides a healing environment, from its architecture to amenities, and also is a digital environment using an electronic medical record. Baptist South was designated a Magnet™ hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care and is a Joint Commission-certified stroke center and an accredited chest pain center. Baptist Medical Center South has been ranked No. 1 among metro Jacksonville hospitals in the U.S. News and World Report annual Best Hospital rankings. Baptist has also been named one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare. The hospital is minutes away from sports, shopping, music, cultural and entertainment venues, as well as beautiful beaches.