**Eligible for up to a $10,000 Sign on Bonus**
Baptist Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse to join our Main Operating Room Team at our Baptist Jacksonville location. This is a full time, evenings position. Shift will be three 12's from 11A-11P and will be a set schedule based on employee preference and department needs. Call requirement is self-schedule based on department needs and requires a 40 minute call response time. This role qualifies for competitive differentials and call pay.
In this role you will work closely with skilled physicians and operating teams. Your day will start with a check in and patient assignments. Depending on the day's surgery schedule you may work with a singular patient for a complex case or you may work with multiple patients having shorter procedures. As a circulator you will only ever work with one patient at a time. You will meet your patients in the OR and you will remain with them for the duration of their procedure and ensure they are appropriately cared for until transferred to PACU care. As a nurse circulator you will be the patients primary advocate, responsible for the delivery and documentation of patient care during the intra-operative period. This may include verifying patient information, positioning the patient, managing the room, and initiating counts.
Baptist Medical Center's Main OR is home to 16 sate of the art operating rooms with 3 Da Vinci Surgical System robots. Most surgeries performed are routine elective cases and include a wide variety of procedures. These may include general surgeries, bariatrics, ENT, plastics reconstructions, GYN, neurology and spine. This location is also supports the Jacksonville Orthopedic Institute and BMDA cancer center.
As a RN in the Main OR your responsibilities will include:
- Providing for patient needs as recognized through use of the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation) and the mission statement organization
- Supervision of care provided by supportive personnel and coordination of care provided by ancillary services
- Including patients and significant others (SO)/families in developing an individualized plan of care
- Education of patients/SO/families to their disease process and plan of care
- Coordination and preparation of assigned room/case, assessment of patient care needs and the anticipation of needs of the case.
- This position requires call
This Registered Nurse, Main Operating Room will be located at Baptist Medical Center in Downtown Jacksonville, FL If you are interested in this full time evenings role, please apply today or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in bringing your career to Baptist but have other skillsets please reach out to the above contact to discuss other opportunities.
Baptist Jacksonville is a Magnet™ designated hospital, the gold standard for excellence in patient care. We serve families throughout the area with high-quality, comprehensive care for every stage of life.
In keeping with our mission and core values, Baptist is requiring that all team members complete their COVID-19 vaccine series or obtain a medical or religious exemption by 11/15/2021 or at time of hire after this date
Associate's Degree - Nursing
Bachelor's Degree - Nursing
- 2-3 years Operating Room Experience
- 2-3 Operating Room Circulating Experience (Preferred)
- 2-3 years Critical Care Nursing Experience
License and Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Preferred
- Conscious Sedation Certification Preferred
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) Preferred Or
- Certified Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) Preferred Or
- Licensed Registered Nurse Required
Baptist Jacksonville (Downtown)
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, FL, 32207
For more than 20 years, health care consumers have named Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville the "most preferred healthcare provider" in the region. As the central hub of the Baptist Health system, Baptist Jacksonville provides the highest level of medical and surgical care using the latest technologies, such as the robotic-assisted da Vinci™ Surgical System. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River in downtown Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is Baptist Health's flagship tertiary-care hospital. Designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville has repeatedly been named among U.S. News & World Report's "Best Hospitals.” The hospital has also been ranked as high performing in more than 10 specialties from neurology and neurosurgery to gynecology, diabetes, endocrinology,oncology and more. Baptist Health also has a new Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center, which is a regional epicenter for advanced treatment of strokes, aneurysms and other brain conditions. As one of 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is located close to sports, theater and music venues, museums, shopping and dining.