Provides for patient needs as recognized through use of the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation) and the mission statement; organization; supervision of care provided by supportive personnel and coordination of care provided by ancillary services. Including patients and significant others (SO)/families in developing an individualized plan of care. Education of patients/SO/families to their disease process and plan of care. Provides care to neurologically compromised patients in a state of the art setting while serving as a patient advocate and responsible for providing care to patients requiring treatment of any medical, surgical or other condition, including chronic medical and minor injuries or illnesses.
*This full-time nights Registered Nurse (RN) position is eligible for a Sign-on Bonus of up to $10K!*
We are looking for Registered Nurses (RN) to join our Neuro Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Baptist Medical Center Downtown in Jacksonville, Florida. This unit is accountable for providing care to critical patients that require a higher acuity of care. As a Registered Nurses (RN) on this unit, you will work with a broad range of patients including vascular, autoimmune, brain tumors, and stroke. The Neuro Intensive Care Unit (ICU) is located in the Weaver Tower built in 2000. This unit has:
- Safe staffing ratios
- Modern and large rooms
- CT scanner built in the floorplan
- Sky lifts for the patients
As a Registered Nurses (RN) on Neuro Intensive Care Unit (ICU) will have the opportunity to follow neuro intensivists who do spot on teaching, participate in annual programs working with top leaders, utilize new technologies for neuro critical care, and much more!
- Provide quality nursing care to the patient in the critical care unit
- Embrace and uphold the hospital mission statement
- Educate patients and families to their disease process and plan of care
- Interact with physicians and other departments within the hospital
- Coordinate care provided by ancillary services
- Serves as patient advocate and responsible for providing care to patients requiring treatment of any medical, surgical, or other condition, including chronic medical and minor injuries or illnesses.
- Participate in staff meetings and other unit activities
If interested in a Registered Nurse (RN) position at Baptist Downtown, please apply now!
In keeping with our mission and core values, Baptist is requiring that all team members complete their COVID-19 vaccine series or obtain a medical or religious exemption by 11/15/2021 or at time of hire after this date.
Bachelor's Degree - Nursing
- Hospital Experience
- Stroke Experience
- Neurology Experience
License and Certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Required
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification Required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Required
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification Preferred
- Certified Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) Preferred
- Licensed Registered Nurse Required
Baptist Jacksonville (Downtown)
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, Florida, 32207
For more than 20 years, health care consumers have named Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville the "most preferred healthcare provider" in the region. As the central hub of the Baptist Health system, Baptist Jacksonville provides the highest level of medical and surgical care using the latest technologies, such as the robotic-assisted da Vinci™ Surgical System. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River in downtown Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is Baptist Health's flagship tertiary-care hospital. Designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville has repeatedly been named among U.S. News & World Report's "Best Hospitals.” The hospital has also been ranked as high performing in more than 10 specialties from neurology and neurosurgery to gynecology, diabetes, endocrinology,oncology and more. Baptist Health also has a new Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center, which is a regional epicenter for advanced treatment of strokes, aneurysms and other brain conditions. As one of 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is located close to sports, theater and music venues, museums, shopping and dining.