Baptist Medical Center is looking for Registered Nurses who are interested in joining the Main Operating Room at our Baptist Jacksonville location. These Registered Nurse positions typically have a call requirement. The schedule is self-scheduled based on the department needs and will require a 40-minute call response time. These roles qualify for competitive differentials and additional call compensation.
As a Registered Nurse in the Main Operating Room you will work closely with physicians and all operating room teams. This Registered Nurse will check-in and receive patient assignments. A day in the life of this Operating Room Registered Nurse will vary based on scheduled surgeries. This RN may work with a singular patient in a complex case, or may work with multiple patients having shorter procedures. This RN will work as a Circulating Nurse and will meet patients in the OR, and remain with them for the duration of their procedure to ensure they are appropriately cared for until transferred to PACU care. As a Registered Nurse Circulator you will be the patient’s primary advocate and responsible for the delivery and documentation of patient care during the intra-operative period. This may include verifying patient information, positioning the patient, managing the room, and initiating counts.
Baptist Medical Center's Main OR is home to 16 state of the art operating rooms with 3 Da Vinci Surgical System robots. Most surgeries performed are routine elective cases and include a wide variety of procedures. These may include general surgeries, bariatrics, ENT, plastics reconstructions, GYN, neurology and spine. This location also supports the Jacksonville Orthopedic Institute and BMDA cancer center.
As a RN in the Main OR your responsibilities will include:
- Providing for patient needs as recognized through use of the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation) and the mission statement organization.
- Supervision of care provided by supportive personnel and coordination of care provided by ancillary services.
- Including patients and significant other (SO)/families in developing an individualized plan of care.
- Education of patients/SO/families to their disease process and plan of care.
- Coordination and preparation of assigned room/case, assessment of patient care needs and the anticipation of needs of the case.
- This position requires a call.
This Registered Nurse, Main Operating Room will be located at Baptist Medical Center in Jacksonville, FL. If you are interested, please apply today.
Baptist Jacksonville is a Magnet™ designated hospital, the gold standard for excellence in patient care. We serve families throughout the area with high-quality, comprehensive care for every stage of life.
Associate's Degree - Nursing
Bachelor's Degree - Nursing
- 2-3 years Surgical Services Experience
- 2-3 years Critical Care Nursing Experience
License and Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Preferred
- Conscious Sedation Certification Preferred
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) Preferred Or
- Certified Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) Preferred Or
- Licensed Registered Nurse Required
Baptist Jacksonville (Downtown)
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, FL, 32207
For more than 20 years, health care consumers have named Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville the "most preferred healthcare provider" in the region. As the central hub of the Baptist Health system, Baptist Jacksonville provides the highest level of medical and surgical care using the latest technologies, such as the robotic-assisted da Vinci™ Surgical System. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River in downtown Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is Baptist Health's flagship tertiary-care hospital. Designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville has repeatedly been named among U.S. News & World Report's "Best Hospitals.” The hospital has also been ranked as high performing in more than 10 specialties from neurology and neurosurgery to gynecology, diabetes, endocrinology,oncology and more. Baptist Health also has a new Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center, which is a regional epicenter for advanced treatment of strokes, aneurysms and other brain conditions. As one of 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is located close to sports, theater and music venues, museums, shopping and dining.
About Baptist Health
Chosen as the area's “Most Preferred” healthcare provider every year since 1990 according to the annual National Research Corporation study of Jacksonville area residents, Baptist Health ranks highest in the categories of Best Doctors, Best Nurses, Best Quality and Best Reputation.