We are looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Progressive Care team at Baptist Medical Center South in Jacksonville, FL. This unit is a step-down to the Intensive Care Unit and provides care to patients, adult and geriatric alike, who require advanced care. This is a full-time night shift position. As a Registered Nurse in the PCU your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides for patient needs as recognized through use of the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation) and the mission statement; organization; supervision of care provided by supportive personnel and coordination of care provided by ancillary services.
- Including patients and significant others (SO)/families in developing an individualized plan of care.
- Education of patients/SO/families to their disease process and plan of care.
- Serves as patient advocate and responsible for providing care to critical patients that require a higher acuity of care.
If you would like to join a highly recognized and awarded team, at a Magnet designated hospital, apply today!
Associate's Degree - Nursing
Bachelor's Degree - Nursing
- 1-2 years Cardiac Experience
- 1-2 years Telemetry Experience
- Hospital Experience
License and Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Conscious Sedation Certification
- Certified Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN)
- Licensed Registered Nurse
14550 Old St. Augustine Rd
Jacksonville, Florida, 32258
Baptist Medical Center South
Opened in 2005 in southern Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center South has doubled in size. This full-service hospital provides a healing environment, from its architecture to amenities, and also is a digital environment using an electronic medical record. Baptist South was designated a Magnet™ hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care and is a Joint Commission-certified stroke center and an accredited chest pain center. Baptist Medical Center South has been ranked No. 1 among metro Jacksonville hospitals in the U.S. News and World Report annual Best Hospital rankings.
Baptist has also been named one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare. The hospital is minutes away from sports, shopping, music, cultural and entertainment venues, as well as beautiful beaches.