Registered Nurse, Progressive Care, Full Time/Nights, Baptist South
Date Posted: Mar 06, 2023
Shift Details: Nights
*$7,500 Sign-On Bonus*
Baptist Health is looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Progressive Care Unit at Baptist Medical Center South. This opening is for a Full-Time Night shift.
RNs on this unit typically sees a 4:1 ratio and is accountable for providing care to patients, adult and geriatric alike, who require advanced care. Baptist South is serving the rapidly growing neighborhoods in southern Duval and northern St. Johns counties. The hospital blends resort-like amenities with the most advanced medical care, providing for the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of patients and their families.
As a Registered Nurse on this Progressive Care unit you will be responsible for:
- Providing for patient needs as recognized through use of the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation)
- Organization and supervision of care provided by supportive personnel
- Coordination of care provided by ancillary services. Including patients and significant others (SO)/families in developing an individualized plan of care.
- Education of patients/SO/families to their disease process and plan of care.
- Serves as patient advocate and responsible for providing care to patients requiring treatment of any medical, surgical, or other condition, including chronic medical and minor injuries or illnesses.
This Progressive Care RN opening is located at Baptist South. If you are interested in this full-time nights opportunity, please apply now or reach out to email@example.com.
In keeping with our mission and core values, Baptist is requiring that all team members complete their COVID-19 vaccine series or obtain a medical or religious exemption by 11/15/2021 or at time of hire after this date.
Associate's Degree - Nursing
Bachelor's Degree - Nursing
- Less than 1 year Medical Surgical Nursing Experience
- Telemetry Experience
- Hospital Experience
License and Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Required
- Certified Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) Preferred
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Preferred
- Licensed Registered Nurse Required
14550 Old St. Augustine Rd
Jacksonville, FL, 32258
Opened in 2005 in southern Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center South has doubled in size. This full-service hospital provides a healing environment, from its architecture to amenities, and also is a digital environment using an electronic medical record. Baptist South was designated a Magnet™ hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care and is a Joint Commission-certified stroke center and an accredited chest pain center. Baptist Medical Center South has been ranked No. 1 among metro Jacksonville hospitals in the U.S. News and World Report annual Best Hospital rankings. Baptist has also been named one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare. The hospital is minutes away from sports, shopping, music, cultural and entertainment venues, as well as beautiful beaches.