**Eligible for up to a $10,000 Sign on Bonus**
Baptist Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join our Main Operating Room Team at our Baptist Beaches location. This is a full-time, weekends position. The shift time for this Registered Nurse position will be 3 12's from 6:45 AM to 7:15 PM, with the candidate working Saturdays, Sundays, and one weekday. This Registered Nurse position does not have a call requirement as long as the candidate works every weekend. This position is self-scheduled based on the department needs. This role qualifies for competitive differentials.
As a Registered Nurse in the Main Operating Room, you will work closely with physicians and all operating room teams. This Registered Nurse will check in and receive patient assignments. A day in the life of this Operating Room Registered Nurse will vary based on scheduled surgeries. This RN may work with a singular patient in a complex case or may work with multiple patients having shorter procedures. This RN will work as a Circulating Nurse and will meet patients in the OR and remain with them for the duration of their procedure to ensure they are appropriately cared for until transferred to PACU care. As a Registered Nurse Circulator, you will be the patient’s primary advocate and responsible for the delivery and documentation of patient care during the intra-operative period. This may include verifying patient information, positioning the patient, managing the room, and initiating counts.
Baptist Beaches' Main OR is home to 7 state of the art operating rooms. Most surgeries performed are routine elective cases and include a wide variety of procedures. These may include ortho, robot, GYN, general, and plastics cases.
As a RN in the Main OR your responsibilities will include:
- Providing for patient needs as recognized through use of the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation) and the mission statement organization.
- Supervision of care provided by supportive personnel and coordination of care provided by ancillary services.
- Including patients and significant other (SO)/families in developing an individualized plan of care.
- Education of patients/SO/families to their disease process and plan of care
- Coordination and preparation of assigned room/case, assessment of patient care needs and the anticipation of needs of the case.
- This position does not require call as long as the candidate works every weekend.
This Registered Nurse, Main Operating Room position will be located at Baptist Medical Center Beaches. If you are interested, please apply today, or contact Clinton Carter at email@example.com
Baptist Beaches: Baptist Beaches provides beaches residents with easy access to comprehensive, high-tech medical and surgical care close to home. We offer the only hospital-based, 24-hour emergency service at the beach.
Associate's Degree - Nursing
- 2-3 years Surgical Services Experience
- 2-3 years Critical Care Nursing Experience
License and Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Preferred
- Conscious Sedation Certification Preferred
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) Preferred Or
- Certified Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) Preferred Or
- Licensed Registered Nurse Required
1350 13th Avenue South
Jacksonville Beach, FL, 32250
Baptist Medical Center Beaches provides beaches residents with close-to-home access to comprehensive, high-tech medical and surgical care. Baptist Medical Center Beaches is a Magnet™ hospital in Jacksonville Beach, Florida, just minutes away from the Atlantic Ocean. As the only hospital located in the beach communities, Baptist Beaches provides a wide range of services for local residents. Besides being close to Jacksonville’s beautiful beaches, fishing pier and multitude of golf courses, Baptist Beaches is a short drive away from TPC Sawgrass, home of The Player’s Championship annual golf tournament. Baptist has been named one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare. Baptist Beaches has been designated as a Primary Stroke Center by the Agency for Health Care Administration.