Revenue Cycle Specialist interacts with staff, patients, internal departments, physician practices and insurance companies to obtain maximum reimbursement through established collection procedures. The Revenue Cycle Specialist is responsible for assisting team members on a day to day basis with questions, solutions, scheduling and authorizations. Ability to multi-task; highly organized, detail oriented with the ability to prioritize workload and team work distribution in a call center. Must maintain QA and monthly reporting for team to ensure all team goals and Revenue Cycle Specialist goals are met.
Typical Physical demands:
Close visual attention, use of hands for data entry, repetitive sitting and standing positions along with telephone use, requires the ability to move around the department frequently.
• Must have excellent communication skills
• Must have exceptional customer service skills
• Must be able to complete confirmation of insurance benefits using online tools, demographic information, and collection of co-pays when due for all patients registered.
• Patients should be registered in a timely, accurate, and professional manner which reflects the core values of Baptist Health.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule when needed.