We are currently looking for a Social Worker II at Baptist Hosptial, in Jacksonville FL! This is a full-time opportunity! The Schedule is: Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday with Tuesday & Wednesday off.
- Responsible for high level screening, assessing and planning for an identified high risk group of patients in the Emergency Department.
- Collaborates with the attending and resident staff as well as nursing, ancillary, professional, and technical staff, to coordinate the delivery of high quality, individualized, cost effective patient care.
- Utilizes Utilization Review criteria along with admission and discharge criteria to appropriately screen patients for admission or discharge.
- Concurrently, 1) Intervenes to enhance patient quality outcomes, 2) maintains ongoing communication with the patient/family, medical staff, caregivers, and third party payors to set priorities, plan, organize and implement care that is goal directed towards quality outcomes, 3) Improves throughput and decreases inappropriate readmissions,4) participates in oversight of resource utilization in critical care and emergency services areas.
If you are interested in our position, please apply directly!
- 3-5 Years Discharge Planning Experience
- 3-5 Years Case Management Experience
License and Certification
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Baptist Jacksonville (Downtown)
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, Florida, 32207
Baptist Health, founded in 1955, is North Florida’s most comprehensive healthcare system and the area’s only non-profit, mission-driven, locally governed healthcare provider. Our five nationally accredited hospitals, with 1,154 beds, include Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville; Wolfson Children’s Hospital; Baptist Medical Center Beaches; Baptist Medical Center Nassau and Baptist Medical Center South as well as Baptist Clay Medical Campus, which has a 24-hour freestanding Emergency Center. The most preferred healthcare system in the region, Baptist Health also includes 45 primary care offices, as well as home health, behavioral health, pastoral care, rehabilitation services, occupational health and urgent care.