Special Procedures Technologist, Special Procedures Department, PRN, Baptist Jacksonville
Date Posted: Mar 16, 2023
Shift Details: Days
*$1,000 Sign-On Bonus*
Baptist Medical Center is looking to add a Special Procedures Technologist in our Special Procedures department at Baptist Jacksonville. A Special Procedures Technologist works with and observes radiology equipment like CT and MRI machines, positioning patients for procedures, monitoring vital signs like blood pressure, explaining tests, and answering patient questions. This is a PRN with Various shifts opportunity.
As a Special Procedures Technologist, you will be responsible for:
- Performs high quality radiographic images
- Functions as member of a team performing interventional procedures
- Works under sterile conditions, very similar to the OR
- Promotes good will among co-workers and other departments, and has a positive, comforting demeanor with all patients
- Is compliant with mandatory education and health requirements
- Must participate in on-call coverage
- Identifies, prepares, administers, and documents medications as prescribed by a licensed practitioner in accordance with state, and federal regulations or Lawful institutional policy.
This Special Procedures Technologist will be located at Baptist Jacksonville. If you are interested in this PRN various Shifts opportunity, please apply now or contact Tucker.Maletta@bmcjax.com.
In keeping with our mission and core values, Baptist is requiring that all team members complete their COVID-19 vaccine series or obtain a medical or religious exemption at time of hire.
- Customer Service Experience
- Experience working in a hospital setting
- Experience with vascular imaging procedures
- Experience performing special interventional procedures
License and Certification
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Required
- Registered Radiologic Technologist ARRT Required
- Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT) Required
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification (CPR) Required
- Licensed Radiologic Technologist Required
Baptist Jacksonville (Downtown)
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, FL, 32207
For more than 20 years, health care consumers have named Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville the "most preferred healthcare provider" in the region. As the central hub of the Baptist Health system, Baptist Jacksonville provides the highest level of medical and surgical care using the latest technologies, such as the robotic-assisted da Vinci™ Surgical System. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River in downtown Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is Baptist Health's flagship tertiary-care hospital. Designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville has repeatedly been named among U.S. News & World Report's "Best Hospitals.” The hospital has also been ranked as high performing in more than 10 specialties from neurology and neurosurgery to gynecology, diabetes, endocrinology,oncology and more. Baptist Health also has a new Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center, which is a regional epicenter for advanced treatment of strokes, aneurysms and other brain conditions. As one of 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is located close to sports, theater and music venues, museums, shopping and dining.