Speech Language Pathologist, PRN, Acute Care, Baptist Clay
Date Posted: Oct 13, 2022
Shift Details: Various shifts
Baptist Medical Center is currently looking to add a Speech Language Pathologist to our Acute Care Rehab Team in Jacksonville, FL. This is a PRN opportunity at the NEW Baptist Clay campus.
This is a full time opportunity working in an acute care, inpatient hospital setting. The ideal candidate would have 2 years' experience working in inpatient acute care and MBS experience. Candidates must also be comfortable covering other Baptist Campuses for coverage purposes as needed.
Shift Details: Looking for weekday and weekend coverage as needed.
Speech Language Pathologist, Job Responsibilities:
- Evaluates, diagnoses, develops and implements a treatment plan for inpatients in a hospital setting as well as some outpatients.
- Provides extensive patient/family education.
- Participates in multidisciplinary team care with other Rehab professionals, nurses, physicians, dietitians, social services, respiratory, support staff, etc.
- Works in a fast-paced setting requiring good time management, detailed documentation skills in the EMR, self-directed, and effective communication skills.
If you are interested in this PRN Speech Language Pathologist opportunity at the new Baptist Clay, please apply now or email Jacki at email@example.com.
In keeping with our mission and core values, Baptist is requiring that all team members complete their COVID-19 vaccine series or obtain a medical or religious exemption at time of hire.
- 1 Year Developmental Experience
- Speech/Language Acute Care Experience
- Swallow Studies Experience
- Voice Experience
- Neuro Experience
License and Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Required
- Licensed Speech Language Pathologist Required
1771 Baptist Clay Drive
Fleming Island, FL, 32003
Baptist Clay Medical Campus is located on 32 acres at U.S. 17 and Village Square Parkway on Fleming Island. The facility opened in May 2013 to bring the high-quality care of Wolfson Children’s Hospital and Baptist Health to residents of Clay County. The Baptist/Wolfson Children’s Emergency Center, which is open 24 hours a day, has 16 treatment rooms, a separate waiting room for children, child-specific medical equipment and imaging capabilities, a LifeFlight helipad and an on-site ambulance. Pediatric emergency medicine physicians affiliated with Wolfson Children’s Hospital are also available during peak hours daily from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. The campus’s three-story Medical Office Building also houses the Wolfson Children’s Specialty Center on the first floor. The Medical Office Building has primary care and specialist physicians’ offices that are open throughout the year, providing Clay County families with a “one-stop” destination for a wide array of care.